Official Review: Leaving lack and limitation revealing ba...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 1302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Official Review: Leaving lack and limitation revealing ba...

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Leaving lack and limitation revealing balanced abundance volume 1" by Chanda Pilgrim.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There has been a great deal written on the power of words and thought. Leaving Lack and Limitation; Revealing Balanced Abundance Vol. 1: The Power of Words is Chanda Pilgrim's take on the topic, and it's a very condensed, simple to read introduction to the topic.

Weighing in at only 50 pages, Leaving Lack and Limitation (as I'll refer to it for the purposes of this review) is an incredibly quick read. I was amazed at how quickly I read the book, but even more amazed by how well those pages were utilized. This is far from a textbook, it's not dry or headache-inducing, but it's not a fluff title that ignores the topic either. Instead, Chanda focuses on the basics, using some examples from her own life (in italics), Bible passages and various research.

The core tenets of the book focus on four things anyone can do to become live a more happy, full life. All four things revolve around thinking positively, imagining what it is you want and feeling emotively as if you already have it. The thought is very similar to the adage "dress for the job you want, not the job you have." Even for those who aren't believers, the basic concepts can help pull a person out of sickness, sadness and worry.

As I mentioned, the book also includes some experiments and research others have done. A couple of these were really cool! One involved three Chinese doctors chanting around a cancer patient, and as they chanted, already fully believing the tumor was gone, it shrank right in front of them within a matter of minutes! Another focused on saying words and playing music and seeing what kinds of crystals they resulted in with water. Kinder, gentler, more positive words created beautiful crystals, while angry, hateful ones resulted in deformed and broken crystals. Because the body is made up of so much water, Chanda says, it's easy to see how relevant this is.

As the title implies, this is the first in a planned series exploring the power of words and thought. While a part of me wishes that Chanda would've waited to write all three and included them all in a single book, it would have lowered the ease of entry of Leaving Lack and Limitation. As it is, it's incredibly easy to recommend the book to anyone as an introduction to the topic. While I can't rate it the full 4 stars due to it needing some editing work (the book was never confusing or hard to follow due to the errors, though!), I can definitely rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

Leaving lack and limitation revealing balanced abundance volume 1
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CataclysmicKnight's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Sunshine at the Academy
Bookshelf Size: 387
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Of Gilded Flesh by Gordon Gravley

Post by kandscreeley »

It definitely sounds like an interesting read. I've heard many time about the power of positive thinking especially when treating chronic diseases or cancer. I might have to look at this one. Thanks for the review.
Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable.
-Louisa May Alcott

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”