Official Review: Daddy 3.0 by Rob Armstrong

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rebecca_Rivera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrebecca.html
Latest Review: Weak Love and Strong Love by Hollie Jean Huff
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Re: Official Review: Daddy 3.0 by Rob Armstrong

Post by Rebecca_Rivera »

Thank you for the review, klbradley. Sounds like your perspective comes from experience with kids. In spite of some of the unrealistic actions in the book, this one sounds interesting and funny. I'm curious to see my own reaction to the ending. I think I'll give it a try.
* *I miss snow!* *
derekkirima
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by derekkirima »

Its good that you enjoyed reading this humorous novel despite its rushed ending. It's also great finding a relatable dad in the good character of Nick who is a caring dad for his twin daughters. We also see his strong character when he wants to talk his wife back into a good relationship. It's bad for the few grammatical errors, and also for the disappointing rushed, happy ending, not in unison with the rest of the story. Kudos for this good review.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Having read the sample, I also found Nick to be likeable and humorous. Not having children, I don't normally find such books interesting but his one seemed fun. Thanks for the review.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emie Cuevas »

I loved the review, but as this book seems to mirror my own life exactly, I don't want to read it. Thanks anyway
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm sure this book is right up my alley, I do so love humorous light reads. I'll keep an eye out for the rushed ending just so it doesn't jolt too strongly. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure it would be worthwhile. Thanks for the revealing review!
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by mratdegraff91 »

Great review. This sounds like an interesting novel especially coming from the view point of a stay at home dad. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing!
Madison Degraffenreid
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Aww. I think I'd like this. As a mother of one (and Im a single parent), I also have struggles and I think whatever I do is wrong and never right. Im nagging myself quite a lot, considering myself a mom and a dad at the same time. Also, I need to read something light. This is definitely in my TBR.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Nick has great qualities that are outlined in your review. Excellent job in capturing the story in your review.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

With the rushed ending and Liz's self-absorbed personality, it seems to me that a happy ending is incongruous. Your review is nicely done.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
liniageline89
Currently Reading: Ender's Game
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by liniageline89 »

The cover is adorable and the title is intriguing. I'm glad we have a little, comedic Book of the Day to keep things fresh and fun. I appreciate books that really make you think, but every now and then a fun book strikes the point home better than a philosophical book would. Daddy 3.0 seems great and thanks for putting it on KU!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds like a cute and funny read. Thanks for the great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

The book's theme of fatherhood really got me interested. If Nick Owen had scored high as an emotionally connected dad, his kids are highly likely to behave better both at home and in public. Although, his wife seems problematic, but a man who must succeed as a father and enjoy the full dividend of fatherhood must also be very care-oriented, not only to his kids but also towards his wife.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

This sounds like a refreshing read. I love to find light books to read between more intense novels. I particularly like that you have described it to contain 'numerous laugh-out-loud moments', as this appeals to me. I do not read many books that include comical undertones so I am looking forward to reading this.
Zera
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Zera »

Awesome review. This book definitely sounds amazing. It gives one the inside view of how raising toddlers is more work than those of us who aren't parents think. I would love to read this book.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

Thank you for the detailed, insightful review. This book does sound like a very light-hearted read, although I'm not sure if I could stand the wife lacking understanding for her husband (although I understand that she must be under a lot of stress). I love the idea of a story about a stay-at-home father. There seems to be such a stigma around it and I'm glad to see someone approaching it with a comedic but sincere approach. I'm hesitant because you mentioned a rushed ending, but I might still give it a try when I just need an entertaining read.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”