Around The World In 80 Tales By Dave Tomlinson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Around The World In 80 Tales By Dave Tomlinson

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Travel Memoir

STORY-LINE AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 TALES

Author Dave Tomlinson’s novel, Around The World In 80 Tales, is a look into traveling by bike, cycle, hiking, and riding buses and trains. Taking place in over 5 continents and 25 countries; all seen and experienced first hand by Tomlinson.

Filled with information, Tomlinson takes the reader on a journey through various historical sites; as well as, temples, volcano’s, canyons, etc. By using short chapters, the reader's not overwhelmed with unnecessary information.

Furthermore, Tomlinson offers a look at the hazards of traveling in a foreign county, such as unfamiliarity with the language and customs. The risk of stomach and bowel problems seem prevalent; Tomlinson added a funny look at the how, when, and where. That alone did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling or inspire me to travel in foreign countries.

I found the profound and moving descriptions of several entries very intense; River Kwai Bridge, The Killing Fields, and Nagasaki and Hiroshima Japan.

Sprinkled with a look at the people of the areas, giving highlights of the region, cautions, laughter, and funny quips, the reader gets a feel for Tomlinson’s travels.

COMPOSITION:

Firstly, I found Around The World in 80 Tales an enjoyable and informative book. Filled with photographs of Tomlinson’s travels, each one added depth to the adventure. Tomlinson’s crafted an easy to read and follow travel memoir novel, filled with cautionary hints and humor. From the belly bug, train rides, bus trips, attempted robbery, and much more, the reader's fully entertained.

In addition, in concluding my memoir travel novel review, I found a well-written memoir novel. Furthermore, Around the World In 80 Tales, allows the reader to be an armchair traveler.

AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 TALES RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I would not hesitate to buy this book for anyone with the desire to travel in another country.

FINALLY, LET ME SAY:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest travel memoirs novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my travel memoir novel review.
Reuben 92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Bookshelf Size: 827
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reuben-92.html
Latest Review: "The Piketty Problem" by Garth Hallberg

Post by Reuben 92 »

I like the title! Sounds like an interesting memoir/novel. Thanks :)
"Every reader is, while he is reading, the reader of his own self. The writer's work is merely a kind of optical instrument which he offers to the reader to enable him to discern what...he would perhaps never have perceived in himself."
Proust
Latest Review: "The Piketty Problem" by Garth Hallberg

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”