I Was Justin's Nanny by David Belisle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

I Was Justin's Nanny by David Belisle

Post by Birdlady1950 »

A Contemporary Political Satire

STORY-LINE I WAS JUSTIN'S NANNY:

Author David Belisle crafted an insanely funny tongue in cheek political satire in I Was Justin's Nanny. Marie Bellehumeur, finds herself nanny to the new Prime Minster of Canada's, Justin Prudhomme's, children. Marie has been around the block, and probably all around the entire city of St. Louis-du-Ha-Ha, her native home. Marie is no newbie to life. Through clerical error Maria lands this plum job. Or is it? Full of off the wall situations and observations, the reader sees a side to politics, politician's family life, and life situations, which we usually are not allowed to see.

Can Marie manage to keep her job or will political maneuvering and mishaps oust Marie from 24 Sussex? Grab a seat, my contemporary novel review of I Was Justin's Nanny follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Author David Belisle filled I Was Justin's Nanny with tongue in cheek satire. As a result, I laughed from start to finish. Not only is this political satire hilarious, his irreverence for the political arena is clear. Showing politics in all their irreverent light, grab your favorite beverage and get ready for first-rate entertainment. Satire at its best; after all, I wonder, deep down how we actually feel about politicians and their maneuvering. Belisle shows it in all its ridiculous nature. Classically Saturday Night Live at its best, could be said of I Was Justin's Nanny.

Beginning with the ridiculously funny names for his characters to the funny situations they found themselves, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Names such as: Senior Officer for Disclosure of Wrongdoing, Alfred Little Flood, Chief Pound Cake, Governor-General Idrinka Sparkling, to name a few. The reader will find bumbling Parliamentary representatives, a hot bed of political issues, disastrous kidnapping, and, best of all, PICNIC. You will have to read the book to find out what PICNIC represents. I Was Justin's Nanny is a highly entertaining and enjoyable read!

Furthermore the plotting and pacing of the story was in line with the length of the novel. I found myself shaking my head at times, as the nanny's, Justin, Josie, and the children stumbled and bumbled from one situation to another.

Finally, in concluding my contemporary novel review, this novel contained solid writing and character development along with laughter and satire. Belisle, sets the hook early and reels the reader in, holding their attention throughout. I look forward to seeing other works by Belisle.

I WAS JUSTIN'S NANNY RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend. Suitable for young adults and adults; if you enjoy funny political satires, this is the book for you.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest contemporary novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary contemporary novel review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”