Official Review: Freedom Is For The Birds by JM Sutherland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Re: Official Review: Freedom Is For The Birds by JM Sutherland

Post by Samy Lax »

This sounds like a breath of fresh air. An owl that teaches animals about humans and animals being given human qualities? I am surely reading this one.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
chipmunck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipmunck.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by chipmunck »

I find it interesting that this isn't a children's book but something everyone can enjoy. Talking birds and their lifestyle seems entertaining.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

Talking animals do not appeal to me so I doubt I would read it, however this sounds like good book. Based on your review, I can certainly think of a few people I would recommend it to. Thank you.
goshawk
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by goshawk »

As my username implies, I'm greatly interested in birds! I cannot say that I've delved into animal-centric fiction since "Redwall" or the "Warriors" series, so by virtue of nostalgia alone, I can very well see myself giving this read a go; if not, I have a younger sibling who would adore picking this up. Thank you for your honest review!
LADYCOMET2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by LADYCOMET2010 »

Thank you for a great sample reading this makes my second to this site and I will be reading more than the same on this one I'm hoping for this was such a great story about two hawks that went through some great adventures to get them where they were in the end.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Sounds like a perfect book for all ages, especially for those who love animals especially birds and I love reading about them. Thanks for the well-written review.
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

There are several hawks that nest in our immediate area. I love them. Thanks for a great review.
Wisarut Supannafai9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71

Post by Wisarut Supannafai9 »

:techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: This is a good representation of a big bird that every one of us know preciously well that they have freedom of thoughts and life. I like a way that the author explains about animal behaviour which stays connected to human emotions. After browsing through a couple of pages, I find it so easy to read and catch up with the trend of the story. I love this. :D
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

The review appears to be giving sufficient hint of what the book is all about, moreover the characters in form of hawks makes it very cool
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

I live in an area abundant with wildlife and I do understand the peril that many species of animals are in due to humans encroaching on their domain. The review makes it easy to believe that a book written from the perspective of a Red Tailed Hawk can illustrate the challenges that many birds and other animals face as they struggle to survive. I agree with the reviewer that this book would be of interest to all ages. There are quite a few good books written from an animals point of view and that doesn't automatically mean they are intended for a younger audience. I think we could all learn something about conservation and environmentalism from the themes in this book.
Patty San Jose
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Patty San Jose »

Finally! A book without crimes, abuse and demons. Just a plain, less dramatic book. Thank you for your review. I am reading it now.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

I do not think that I would enjoy reading a fiction story about life from a hawk's perspective, although it is an interesting idea. I think there will be animal lovers who do enjoy this story. Thank you for the review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Bomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bomisope.html
Latest Review: God Versus The Idea of God by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by Bomisope »

Sounds captivating and interesting, lovely review. It will be a great book for animal lovers and also a way to learn more about hawks.
mommaing
Favorite Book: Surprised by Joy
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommaing.html
Latest Review: Mock My Words by Chandra Shekhar

Post by mommaing »

It is obvious from your review that you love both books and animals. Reading the sample available on Amazon, I felt the author was too heavyhanded in the environmental concern assigned to the hawks. Thank you for a concise overview of the book and its characters.
Rajanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 231

Post by Rajanis »

Nice review. It will make for an informative story on hawks as well as driving a point to us, humans who are destroying nature.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”