Official Review: Freedom Is For The Birds by JM Sutherland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Re: Official Review: Freedom Is For The Birds by JM Sutherland

Post by Vickie Noel »

Wow, I'm already carried away. I'm one who loves to read something a little different and this sure is it! I'm intrigued that even though the book is about persevering talking birds, it's not technically just a children's book. From the review, they go on lots of adventures; I wonder if there'll be any conflicts and confrontations. I'll just have to read to find out! Thanks for sharing this great book.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

This is a good book to read. Though the characters are animals it seems like they can be related to humans as well. I think this can be a wonderful book for all since it has a lot of lessons.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I guess this book puts a whole new dimension to the phrase "birds' eye view"! Reading the sample was quite the experience for me. You are right, each bird had a distinct character;in fact, birds probably have distinct characters but we never get to know them. Thanks to the author for providing this wonderful insight into their lives. Also, the advent of human development troubling local natural fauna and the migratory population is one of the most worrisome issues in today's world. In fact I was being reminded of another book "No Way Home" repeatedly. The author did a great job representing this problem and conveying the message "Amen the Balance", because balance is what nature needs. I am glad that people are enjoying this book. As a student of Zoology, this book is going to be a great read for me. Thanks for the review!
P. S. I was worried that one or another peril was going to befall D'ree and K'lar, but your review assures me that they will reach home in the end!
arabmoney1978
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by arabmoney1978 »

It's really an interesting book to read and learn more about animals especially hawks and the cruel manner of man to take over the entire world forgetting other creatures live and deserve a world of their own. Thanks to the author for this wonderful book.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Freedom Is For The Birds, by JM Sutherland portrays the hidden excellence in the story of the book, specially when it says that, this would be more a children's book, with talking animals! The reviewer lays stress on the 'hardship and perseverance' of the animals, by adding this line to the very beginning of the review!
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Seeing the world from a hawk’s point of view sounds like an interesting alternative to the usual human perspective. Great to see quality writing combined with an innovative idea. Nice review!
Oscar Rwabiniga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oscar-rwabiniga.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Oscar Rwabiniga »

How can birds know about freedom and we human do not even want to teach our young one about the world!! interesting book.
Phatpat
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phatpat.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Phatpat »

I find disturbing to think that human development often results in the destruction of animal habitats. From what I read in the review, Freedom Is For The Birds by JM Sutherland is a fictional novel which describes the hardships birds and animals experience when their living space is invaded by humans.
However, it seems that K'Lar and D'Ree, the pair of red-tailed hawks who fly from Mexico to Canada to rebuild their nest and raise their newest fledglings, persevere and adapt to the new situation when they find their old nesting area has been destroyed by man.
I enjoy books about wildlife and this one is highly rated so I am look forward to reading it.
Wilson Talenga

Post by Wilson Talenga »

I love nature, I love animals and birds too. I don't like to see birds and animals suffer.
This review has a great message to us, teaching us how disastrous humans are to animal habits. We keep damaging their houses for our own motives.... destroying their nests, and exposing them to hardships and at times starvation. Animals do suffer, and birds continue to suffer as long as human don't care about them.
The review is such interesting and, I just read this whole book to get more of this, and follow the educative pieces in the story. Thanks very much for this summary, thanks for the review.
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Thanks for such a lucid review of this book. The story indeed seems engaging. Also thanks for assuring that this book is not technically a children's book and therefore, should appeal to teenagers and adults alike. Looking forward to reading this book!
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

I just love animal stories. But this book makes us think more about the hardships they could have each day while we live our comfortable lives. Is good to have book that make us aware that there is more than just our lives. Great review. No doubt is a great read.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Gracie777 »

Sometimes it takes such a book to cause arising in the awareness of animal rights and freedoms. I love the concept of this book, an animal fiction novel is a grand and unique idea. The author must have a keen eye and a love for animals to be able to formulate such an ideology. He gives us a unique peek into the world around us from an animal's point of view. Thank you for your well-written review.
Carris72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carris72.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Carris72 »

Often than not, we (humans) tend to forget the struggles we put animals through as a result of deforestation. I appreciate the author's attempt to give us a picture of what animals really go through. Great review. Sounds like a must read for all mankind.
samexy

Post by samexy »

Hmmm. I would say 'freedom is for the birds' by JM Sutherland is one of the best animal books there is.
The book which focus on the environmental exploit of humans and the need for this birds to return to their homeland makes this book worth reading. Good piece there by JM Sutherland.
revpus

Post by revpus »

The book is good. It's written about birds (hawks) ,it portrays human destructive activities in destroying the ecosystem, thereby making life difficult for animals including humans themselves

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”