Season of the Witch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bernie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Season of the Witch

Post by bernie »

I completed this book yesterday and would like to recommend it to people here: It's a murder mystery with elements of witchcraft and psychic powers and its really good. Unusually it has been written by a woman, Natasha Mostert, but this gives it strengths a lot of other such books have - the two major female characters (who are sisters) are both compelling and strong, as they are investigate by a psychic private eye who is on the chase for his friend's stepson's murderer.

It's a very dark tale and quite tragic in its outcome, but it is woven very beautifully - the author is very evocative in her descriptions, which are full of sensuality and thick detail. The research is impressive as well - she goes into enormous detail about subjects such as alchemy and memory palaces, which I had very little idea about before but now know a real lot about. If you like a twisty, turny, tragic mystery and you're keen to know more about the occult then I recommend this.
mj_spickett
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mj_spickett »

I've been trying to find that book but have been unable, at least in any of the local books stores. It sounds great.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”