Official Review: A Day in Eternity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: A Day in Eternity

Post by Ksharmilla »

I think your review was extremely thorough. I feel like it is a great book, just not one I am interested in reading. The cover doesn't really appeal to me or the plot.
PeaceLoveNature44
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Cows I Have Known
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peacelovenature44.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by PeaceLoveNature44 »

I would love to read this book. I like plaines so I would not mind the long descriptions with flying. I love the idea of the romance, although it does sound like Anson is a bit of a mean guy. I understand him wanting her to get a job. I hope to read it to learn all that there is that happens to lead to that point. The book so far seems like a good read. The characters may not be relatable, but the story line is interesting so far. I hear its insertional too, so I can't wait to read it!
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

While I'm not a fan of romance novels or those that deal heavily with philosophy, I'm curious to know what the big twist in this story is. On the other hand, Anson doesn't sound like a character I'd really be able to connect with. I think I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the insightful review.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Thank you for your review. The stories of people with amnesia have been used to exhaustion, and while the aeronautical context along with the way the romance subplots are carried out seem interesting, it does not sound like a book for me.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

I do think that the technical descriptions are a bit of a turn-off but I still think I'll read this one.
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

I think this book sounds very interesting. I like the fact that it follows two couples lives around rather than one and how they intertwine with one another. Your review was very thorough and made me interested in possibly checking this book out. Thanks for the review.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

I enjoy romance and mystery and this seems like an interesting plot. Very curious to find out what Anson discovers when he regains his memory!
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this is an entertaining romance novel. While I am not a particular fan of the romance stories, the combination of the romance element with a mystery makes it a bit more interesting. Well done.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

Thanks for this great, informative review. Based on what you've stated in this review, I do not think this book is for me. However, the philosophical angle sounds intriguing.

I might reconsider it at some point.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
fola-moren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fola-moren »

a day in eternity :nice review, I think its d one for me I love romance , looking forward to it,:
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Good review! This sounds an interesting novel that includes love and adventures in its plot. Anson Roe, a pilot, met with a plane crash. John Magee, another Spitfire pilot, looked after him after the accident. This novel has an enticing plot. The reviewer opined that she could not connect with the characters due to the elaborate narrations, and the confusion involved in the character development. This book is recommended for all the readers who like the philosophical and romantic stories.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Kareka88 »

Excellent review! This sounds like a great story with the pilot crashing and having no memories. I am sure many people will enjoy it. It's too bad you weren't able to connect with the characters. That is the part of books I like the most. Thank you for all the detail you covered regarding the plot, characters and the mystery surrounding them.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

Themes of aviation, philosophy, romance with a touch of mystery drive the plot of this story of an amnesia-stricken protagonist. While he grasps with the pieces of his past he must navigate his present alongside his significant other who is a somewhat reluctant drug along for the ride. Perhaps it is her sense of loyalty or maybe Vivianne feels bound to Anson by motivations related to the reason that brought her to England. Each character has their own background, even if it is forgotten in some cases. I find stories that give each character their own backgrounds to be fascinating because they tend to be more profound. Based on the description this sounds like an interesting read indeed.
ccrews0408
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccrews0408.html
Latest Review: From Hill Town to Strieby by Margo Lee Williams

Post by ccrews0408 »

Thanks for the thorough review! Though I enjoy the genres included in this novel, I don't think this is the book for me. The plot didn't catch my interest and the excessive details of planes and flying is a deal breaker.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the 'Official Review: A Day in Eternity by Kathryn Gabriel Loving', the reviewer well expresses the reactions to the story, in describing the secondary aspects of it. I would call the review broadly an ideal one!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”