Official Review: A Day in Eternity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: Official Review: A Day in Eternity

Post by Lil Reads »

I really wish Anson had some sort of character arc where he became less of a jerk, but your description of his actions seem to indicate he doesn't change.

I probably am the odd reader out in that I can enjoy long passages with lots of detail since I grew up reader some of the more verbose classics.
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I really like how the four main characters all connect in some way with each other. The romance between John and Elinor seems very endearing and sad at times, albeit cliche. Anson perhaps wasn't the kindest person to his love, Vivianne, but the author may have done that intentionally in order to stir things up for the readers. I'm glad that the author dedicated time to do research on historical events, philosophy, and physics. Long descriptions do tend to disrupt the flow of the story for me. However, I'd still be willing to give this book a try someday. Great job on your review! It was very insightful and well-written.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the very thorough review! It definitely gives me some guidance. One of my concerns with this book was that it would have a focus on planes, a topic I don't have much interest in. The elaborate descriptions, as you referred to, unfortunately back up that presumption. That isn't necessarily a dealbreaker though. This book seems like a rich book with all the philosophical nuggets it contains. However, I'm not sure if I want to deal with a "mean" protagonist or characters I can't relate to. For now, this book is on my Not Interested in Reading shelf.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I got a very good glimpse about the book by reading this elaborate review. The review tells that this is a story of two couples and their romantic lives and aspiration for better life. I found that description about the characters was bit excessive and it does not seem for the reader to get adsorbed into the main character.The plus point seems to be that this book is well written and edited.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
CryptQueen
Currently Reading: Working Stiff
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cryptqueen.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by CryptQueen »

Amnesia and the writing style I keep hearing about is turning me off from this book so I'm going to pass on it.
Alwayz_T25
Currently Reading: The Crimson Heirlooms
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwayz-t25.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Alwayz_T25 »

Sounds like its three in one, I am not a big romance fan but I like to read it every once in a while.....but that being said I love mysteries and feel like this book can keep me interested. I am also very interested in how the author was able to include a philosophical theme in this piece. Cant wait to give this a read. Thanks for the review!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

What a thorough review! Impressive!
I wonder what does the title 'eternity' has got to do with this fictional story? The title is kind of misleading to me. Initially, I thought this book will be about eternal life. However, I am not disappointed since I know this book has the elements of romance, mystery, and little bit of philosophy.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Thanks for your thorough review. I had a moderate amount of interest in reading this book from the few pages that I read and the summary on Amazon. However, I must say after reading your review, my interest is piqued and will have to see what it is all about. A little mystery, adventure, and romance are always good elements in a great story. I can't wait to see how the romance angle of both couples pans out. I first got the impression that this would be an inspirational self-help book, but am pleased that it is much more than that. I love a book with philosophy content to make a reader think.

The length of the review with such detailed information increased my level of interest in reading this book. Although it seems like the plot centers around planes, from your synopsis, there is a lot more content to this storyline and I will have to read more.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Seems like book can be a nice read since it has some romance in it and real life examples, like loved ones being taken for granted. I can tell from review that some parts with vivian and how she is treated may make me mad. I need to be able to connect with the story I read, in for me to enjoy it and remember it. It sounds like the book may be lacking in this area . I do not think I will give this one a try. Nice review.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I would like reading about the airplanes and airplanes in general. The romance stories of Anson and Vivian and John and Elinor sound interesting especially since their husbands are pilots. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

The British pilot Anson Roe character is so intriguing. I would love to read every bit of the story to the end. Great review!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. A British pilot, Anson gains consciousness after crashing his plain. John Magee who comes for the rescue had also been a pilot in the air force. They share their personal life experiences. It is a smooth read as mentioned in the review by AA1495.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The realistic setting of the story is very appealing and interesting. The author beautifully shares the life events of two pilots. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

While I like some romance in the books I read, mystery and philosophy don’t really interest me. The excessive descriptions are unfortunate, and would likely frustrate me if I tried to read this book, but I’m glad you enjoyed it.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

What a great,thorough and detailed review. I have never read philosophical books but I love romance novels. So I will read this and give it a try. Thanks for the free copy.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”