While in the forum's younger and less active days this used to be the one and only forum for "reviews and discussions about specific books", this is now just the subforum "other fiction" in a more well-organized "reviews and discussions about specific books" section with subforums for each genre. Check it out! Remember, the forums in the reviews section (including this forum) are for posting about a single book or series in topic, and the topic title should include the book's title. If you are creating a new topic, please try to post it in one of the other genres rather than posting it here in the "other fiction" section. This is only for books that do not fit in any of the other genre categories we have listed.
- Special Discussion Leader
- Posts: 8447
- Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 07:14
- 2017 Reading Goal: 125
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 3
- Bookshelf Size: 343
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
- Latest Review: "Jake and the man-eating Picnic Basket" by Peter Preston
- Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
- Publishing Contest Votes: 13
A few additional genres have been added since these rules were originally posted.Scott wrote:This are the new forum rules for the "Reviews, Recommendations and Warnings" section.
I have created sticky threads for certain genres. These threads can be used to ask for personalized recommendations, to list books you recommend (or recommend against) and to compare different books from the same genre to each other.
All other threads in the "Reviews, Recommendations and Warnings" forum must be limited to one book or series per thread. Also, to make browsing the forum easier please include the title of the book or series in the subject of the thread when creating a new thread. If you want to discuss a book in its entirety, i.e. you don't mind spoilers, please also include the word spoilers in the subject to warn users who may not want to read spoilers. If a thread does not have a clear spoiler warning, then it is against the forum rules to post spoilers in it.
Also, when creating a new thread about a book or series. Please use the forum's search feature to see if any other threads have already been created for that book or series.
If you wish to discuss multiple books in one thread, please do that in the appropriate sticky thread for that genre. (Currently there are 5: Contemporary Fiction, Classic, Non-Fiction, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, and Crime/Thrillers/Mystery) If you can think of any other genres that you want to have their own sticky thread, please suggest it in the feedback section of the forum.
If you wish to discuss an author, please do that in the author forum category.
If you want to post a new thread that doesn't meet the requirements for posting in any of the sticky threads or the Reviews, Recommendations and Warnings Forum, then post it in the General Book and Reading Discussion.
I think having more organization here will make the forum more enjoyable for everyone.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 13:47
- Currently Reading: Holding Fire
- Bookshelf Size: 24
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booknerd1177.html
- Reading Device: B0015T963C
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 27 Feb 2017, 21:03
- Bookshelf Size: 29
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
- Latest Review: "Marriage Can Win" by Eric and Dr. Sakeisha Hylick
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 04:10
- 2017 Reading Goal: 15
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 126
- Currently Reading: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Prophesy
- Bookshelf Size: 22
- Location: KENYA