Review of After the Ride

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clever Ahonsi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clever-ahonsi.html
Latest Review: The Divinely Sinful Saints by Itotko

Review of After the Ride

Post by Clever Ahonsi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "After the Ride" by JR Conway.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After the Ride by JR Conway is an enthralling novel that delves into the realms of crime and compassion, as hinted by its title. The protagonist, Craig, confronts various criminal incidents within his professional and personal life, highlighting key themes of crime, family, justice, and courage.

The book portrays Craig's intimate interactions with his wife, Martha, and their child, portraying his efforts to balance his time between work and family. His deep affection for Martha is evident when he cares for her during her illness, and he demonstrates similar devotion to his daughter, Kate, by taking them on exciting outings and to entertaining destinations. Once his work obligations resume, Craig returns to his workplace, where he collaborates with colleagues and law enforcement officers to combat crime. The team's dynamic is enriched by the diverse and captivating personalities of its members. One memorable aspect of the story involves the introduction of a feisty woman named Doreen, whose confrontational demeanour consistently lands her in clashes with the police. This particular narrative thread strikes a balance between humour and concern, offering an enjoyable reading experience.

The story resonated with me due to the protagonist's profound love for his family and his dedicated efforts to spend quality time with them. I was particularly drawn to the character of Amy, who, despite her limited dialogue, conveyed a wealth of information through her actions and sparse words. Her silent expressions and behaviours provided valuable insights into her personality. Additionally, I found the diverse personalities of some of the protagonist's co-workers, including Ted and others, to be quite appealing. Their unique traits and interactions added an extra layer of enjoyment to the narrative. Overall, what stood out to me was the protagonist's strong familial values and the intriguing dynamics of the characters like Amy, Ted, and the others.

I found nothing to dislike about the story. I wholeheartedly agree with the pursuit of justice against the criminals. It was only fair that those who posed a threat to Maggie, Matt's secretary, and her husband, coercing her to reveal confidential police information, faced apprehension and arrest. I believed that they deserved a stern lesson. Craig, driven by a strong sense of justice, worked tirelessly to apprehend the culprits, leaving no stone unturned in his efforts.

I gave this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. While I initially felt there was some excessive information that didn't seem directly relevant to the story, it ultimately tied together coherently. The book managed to captivate my interest throughout, and I didn't encounter any grammatical errors during my reading experience. The book was exceptionally well-edited and error-free. I recommend this book to fans of captivating crime fiction, and suspenseful novels, and those who appreciate strong family dynamics, themes of justice, and well-developed characters. Its broad appeal ensures it will captivate a wide range of readers.

After the Ride
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”