Official Review: Straight Ahead, In the Dark

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tgoody53015
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6356">The Girl On The Train</a>
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tgoody53015.html
Latest Review: "Straight Ahead, In the Dark" by S. M. Bailey

Official Review: Straight Ahead, In the Dark

Post by Tgoody53015 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Straight Ahead, In the Dark" by S. M. Bailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Straight Ahead in the Dark by S.M. Bailey is a fictional story that anyone could potentially relate to in multiple different ways. There are many aspects of life that are touched within the story such as love, loss, abuse, family, drugs, alcoholism and looking toward the future. Within life a person is going to experience one or more of these which makes it easy to connect with this book.

The book is about a young man named Shorty. Shorty has not had an easy life but despite everything that he has experienced he continues to try to make the best of it. Many people that Shorty was close to had passed away, including his mother, which helps him realize that life is short. Family is an important part of a persons life. Even with hardships family is everything and family does not give up on each other. Shorty shows the importance of staying loyal to family when it comes to his father and brother. There are many points within the book that Shorty dwells on his current life. He realizes that he is not where he wants to be in life. Every book book needs a happy ending and that is exactly what Shorty gets.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4. I personally really enjoyed this the book. I believe Bailey did an amazing job touching on so many aspects of life within one story. Shorty was well developed which made it simple to connect with him and feel what he was experiencing. Though there was a lot going on it resembled real life perfectly. Bailey is able to catch the readers attention right away. There was never a point that I lost interest, I wanted to continue to read to find out how Shorty's life would end up with everything that he had been through. With the amount of characters in the story I loved that Bailey had small bits of information about where they ended up. It was refreshing to know where life brought other characters after learning about them earlier on in the story.

I would recommend this book to any young adult. I believe that many people would be able to relate to some if not all topics touched within the story of Shorty's life. I find it effortless to connect and understand the book since I was able to relate to some aspects of Shorty's life. This book can also be an eye opener to some readers.

Some things are tough to read about when it is something that you haven't experienced but really opens your eyes to things that are happening everyday. Everyone's lives are so different. I feel as though I am able to walk away with some knowledge of things I have not and probably will not experience. Anyone can tell that a book is great when they are able to walk about with a new way of thinking. There was so much touched on in this book that I don't think Bailey left anything out and I feel that everything needed to be in it.

Straight Ahead, In the Dark
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like Tgoody53015's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Straight Ahead, In the Dark" by S. M. Bailey
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very interesting and touching book. I like stories that inspire readers and this one seems just like that. Congratulations to S. M. Bailey for such a well-written book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”