Review of Time's Legacy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nemanja Jankovic
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 546
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of Time's Legacy

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Time's Legacy" by Jean-Michel Desire.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Time's Legacy by Jean-Michel Désiré is the second novel in the series, but it can also be read as a standalone without much difficulty. Guillaume de Rochefort, a Canadian engineer originating from Mauritius, is central to the plot. When he returns home, instead of his wife Liliana and daughter Clara, he finds instructions to return to his native island if he wishes to see them again.

Guillaume will be entertained by the exceedingly affluent and equally mysterious Jack Killigrew in Mauritius. At first glance, the two people were brought together by a similar fate because the affluent man is also seeking his partner Florence Dieu-le-Veut. However, the parallels between the two people end there. An exotic island will be the setting for a struggle between good and evil. Will Guillaume be able to reunite with his family? How did the enigmatic Jack amass such vast wealth? Whose side is the mysterious Brotherhood of the Storytellers on? What do the thousands of statues of people on Jack's opulent private estate represent? What are the members of Division X looking for?

What I liked best about the book were the excellent descriptions of Mauritius. There is room in the book for the sights of this fascinating island, its colorful terrain, interwoven influences, and distinctive culture, as well as local specialties. The final section of the book offers further explanations and information about particular terms relating to persons and areas on the island. This leads to the idea that the author has done much research, which I highly appreciate. Furthermore, I enjoy the narrative growth dynamics, the numerous twists and turns, and the amount of suspense that will hold the readers' interest on a high level until the last page. All of the characters in the novel, whether they are primary or secondary, are well-developed. Sunil, a talented local guide who is faced with a major life decision, is the most intriguing character to me.

What I don't like about the book are the dialogues, which are sometimes believable and sometimes unnatural. The plot's complexity can be confusing to readers at times. Also, if readers have not already read the first book in the series, they may experience a minor lack of information in the last part of the book.

It was challenging to decide how to rate the book. The engaging plot, imaginative twists and turns, incredibly detailed descriptions, and well-thought-out characters far surpass the book's less enjoyable aspects. As a result, I believe it is appropriate to rate the book with 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend the book to fans of action fiction, novels with paranormal and magical themes, and readers who enjoy a good adventure set in a tropical paradise.

Time's Legacy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Geofrey Kebira
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geofrey-kebira.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by Geofrey Kebira »

I love books of this sort of genre. The cover page is creative just kin the story. I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of the reading. Amaizing review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This sounds like a very interesting book. I am not looking for a series right now, and I don’t ever intentionally start a series in the middle. I have accidentally in the past. I am glad that the descriptions of the environment are so good.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

The book does sound to be interesting. I hope the book delivers what is intended. I like your review due to which I could select this one as my next read. Thanks.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”