Review of Fear, Wear, and Tear

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: The Will to Win by Patrick A. Davy

Review of Fear, Wear, and Tear

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fear, Wear, and Tear" by Shawe Ruckus.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Fear, Wear, and Tear by Shawe Ruckus is a book that has eleven short stories. I saw them as scenes or moments of life. The stories go in many directions and tackle many topics. They sometimes intersect unexpectedly. Other times, the story itself has a surprise. People are going through many different emotions in the book. You'll see people going out of inappropriate relationships where they were mistreated; you'll see a proud father who's attending a very special event in his daughter's life; you'll learn creepy stories about creepy people staying in places, and you'll see roommates supporting each other, even when they're crying their hearts out; you'll see a man receiving invitations to random events without knowing the sender. You can enjoy all of this and more when you grab Fear, Wear, and Tear by Shawe Ruckus.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It dragged me into its own mood. I felt like taking glimpses into these people's lives. Things were mostly dramatic, and people were going through complicated stuff, but I just got immersed in the details. The writer has a beautiful and unique writing style that keeps you engaged and turning pages.

There was nothing to hate about the books. Writing short stories can be tricky. It's more difficult than writing long stories. The writer has to get your attention without having enough time or space to give you all the details. Shawe Ruckus mastered this in this book and produced some really good stories.

The book was an emotional and engaging experience for me. I had a good time reading it. The editing of the book was exceptional. I couldn't detect any errors. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars. I recommend the book to people who like drama. I also recommend it to people who enjoy short stories or good writing in general.

Fear, Wear, and Tear
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Zona II
Bookshelf Size: 1011
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

My problem with short stories is just what you mentioned as the trouble with writing them; not enough space for development. The author, however, seems to have overcome this.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: Christ's Immortality Technology by Benneth Iwuchukwu

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Wow! Excellent review. You must be an exceptional reviewer for your bool to be on this part of the review section. Excellent job, we are right behind you.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

I enjoy reading collection of short stories and I enjoyed reading your review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”