While in the forum's younger and less active days this used to be the one and only forum for "reviews and discussions about specific books", this is now just the subforum "other fiction" in a more well-organized "reviews and discussions about specific books" section with subforums for each genre. Check it out! Remember, the forums in the reviews section (including this forum) are for posting about a single book or series in topic, and the topic title should include the book's title. If you are creating a new topic, please try to post it in one of the other genres rather than posting it here in the "other fiction" section. This is only for books that do not fit in any of the other genre categories we have listed.
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 15:17
- Currently Reading: Catch-22
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkandstormyknight.html
- Location: in front of a computer
- Posts: 260
- Joined: 29 Jan 2018, 08:36
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 35
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
- Latest Review: The Relentless American by Sarina Rose
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Location: Estonia
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 10 Mar 2018, 07:37
- 2018 Reading Goal: 30
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 76
- Favorite Book: A Column of Fire
- Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
- Bookshelf Size: 33
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbunde5.html
- Latest Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III
- Location: Michigan
The Hobbit is a great read, and I have all but memorized LOR. But I agree that The Silmarillion is tough to slog through. If you do read it, note the similarities between the creation of Middle Earth and that of Narnia.DavidB52 wrote: ↑21 Aug 2011, 17:46I thought it was very good.
And I read the "Lord of the Rings", and "The Silmarillion".
If you find that you are into J. R. R. Tolkien's world, "The Silmarillion" is a prequel, giving a lot of background of Middle Earth (but I found it a drier read than the other books).