Official Review: Once in a Blue Year by Michael D. Durkota

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Richard Mudd
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-mudd.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Re: Official Review: Once in a Blue Year by Michael D. Durko

Post by Richard Mudd »

:tiphat: Comprehensive, succinct and easily readable; an excellent review that gives a clear outline of plot and characters, as well as the theme, which has a wide audience. Most of us have no understanding of what military personnel experience in conflict situations, let alone how those experiences impact on their lives. Any insight into that world has value for the rest of us and it is clear from the review that this book is a good read too.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
twinn
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinn.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Post by twinn »

Post-war periods are normally hard t deal with, I have seen it mess up someone's character completely. Thanks for the nice review, I would sure love to read this book very soon. Would love to know how the two guys cope up with the changes.
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
Toleexxzy
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Toleexxzy »

[amazon=]It's a well established book it's very interesting I had to add it to my read list :D[/amazon]
lanatommo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>

Post by lanatommo »

What a great review! I have read this book lately, and I really loved it. I felt like I was there and saw this all happening, even though sometimes the events went pretty slowly. After reading your review, I decided to re-read this book because I realized I miss this all already. But what about Heather, I think every military wife is like her, and I understand how she feels when Nathan's not around. I could see she loved him and she was really worried about him. Thank you!
Last edited by lanatommo on 15 Jul 2017, 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Ngwefuni Nwop
Currently Reading: Holding Fire

Post by Martin Ngwefuni Nwop »

I was so touched about the war time lifestyle of mariners, discipline, determination and fidelity. These qualities lead not only to war victory but also life success.
Thanks seriously, for a rolling stone will never end up without a catch.
Knush
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Knush »

Once in a blue year.
Michael D. Durkota.
The review is super.
I am fond of that review.
Thank you Michael D. Durkota for that super book.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

I like reading post war stories and especially ones with writing as good as you make it sound. Fantastic review!
Daphne Isaac

Post by Daphne Isaac »

War life really isn't an easy thing. Durkota seem to be a very good author. The review is amazing and I look forward to reading this. I kinda like the Dan's character. I doubt Nathan would ever want to live a civilian life.
MaxLinder

Post by MaxLinder »

doesn't spund like story it sound like movie
i give 3/10
bob donald tiger
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bob donald tiger »

great work total understanding of the coverage of the book once in a blue year it does not matter when you give life a try but the edition was just fine and awesome
ChrisD
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ChrisD »

Thank you for a very detailed review that provides everything we need to know in order to read the book (or not). Personally I liked the the book but I agree that it is rather slow going.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Once in a Blue Year by Michael Durkota is a captivating tale with amazing characters , brief and interspersed humor and a love in the story that every reader eventually finds for themselves.
lagadema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by lagadema »

Thank you for this review. It actually made the book to sound more interesting for the readers who didn't had a chance to read it. Little bad for the slow pace but the stories about those military men who are living and breathing for the army is good enough to take the book and read it.
bob donald tiger

Post by bob donald tiger »

the book is generally captive the characters are generous and compromising thi book is just of a real life epic what generally we should emulate to free our own world.

-- 15 Jul 2017, 05:56 --

the book is generally captive the characters are generous and compromising thi book is just of a real life epic what generally we should emulate to free our own world.
Maureenmbiuki

Post by Maureenmbiuki »

Interesting review
Would like to know how Dan lives with Heather.
It looks like an interesting one to read.
The reviews are wide and vivid.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”