Review of The Accountants

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of The Accountants

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Accountants" by Tilly Vanilla.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Accountants is an erotica novel written by Tilly Vanilla. This story is about an accountant and his wife, who is a high-level financial advisor. David's friend persuades him to give his wife, who is turning 50, something that is a little bit riskier and more of an adult present. Will it be an uncomfortable experience for Elaine to deal with this new circumstance that she has found herself in, or will she be able to handle it?

David's point of view was conveyed through this narrative. This book explores a topic that some people might consider taboo; however, a significant number of people actually feel the way that David does, and they would enjoy reading this book. The point I am trying to convey is the phenomenon in which one person gets excited or aroused when their partner gets excited or aroused because other people are giving them attention, flirting with them, or even engaging sexually with them without the partner feeling jealous.

It's not that I didn't like it; rather, I just found it odd that David was aroused rather than jealous when his wife was getting attention from other men. However, I do understand that this sort of thing is appealing to some people, so I won't judge those who enjoy it. I did not have a problem with this aspect of the book either, but given that it is about a couple in their fifties, I think it would have been more appropriate for an older woman to be featured on the cover. The cover of the book can still feature a sexy person, even if they are in their fifties. Despite the fact that I didn't particularly care for some of the adult topics that were covered, I thought the book was very well written.

I was impressed by the depth of David and Elaine's love for one another, as well as the quality of their relationship. I liked how the author took a different approach to how her story would go, and I thought that it was actually an intriguing plot. In addition, one of my favorite aspects of this book was the buildup and foreplay that led up to the climax of the novel. I also enjoyed the humor throughout the book, particularly the humorous situations that involved Elaine, and the fact that I was never able to predict what was going to take place next.

I gave this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because I thought the story was very unique and interesting. It was just the right amount of erotica for me, which is saying something because there are times when it can be a little bit excessive. The book was edited by professionals and written in a way that moved quickly.

I recommend this book to people interested in erotica who enjoy it when their partners get attention from other people.

The Accountants
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

This book, through David and Elaine, introduces an unusual narrative that I think added more flavor. I enjoyed reading your review. Thank you.
:D

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”