Review of Where Mice Meet the Sea

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Review of Where Mice Meet the Sea

Post by Bef Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Where Mice Meet the Sea" by Victor Orne.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Woody is a boat builder who grew up near the sea. He enjoyed making pancakes and maple syrup, but whenever he attempted to make them, he discovered holes in his flour bag. He knew the mice were to blame for the holes. He planned how to get the mice out of his house, so he set a spring-loaded trap for them. The trap captured the mice and rendered them motionless and helpless. When Woody saw this, he was sad. He realized he had harmed the mice and resolved to do better in the future. He was depressed and sailed off into the sea on his boat. He had an idea while on the sea about how to catch the mice without hurting them. What was this idea? Will this idea work? Grab a copy of this book to find out more.

This book was enjoyable to read. What I enjoyed the most was the plot. It may appear insignificant, but it is a serious issue that most people avoid discussing. Most people believe that harming animals is the only way to solve a problem or make a point, but Woody demonstrated otherwise. I admired his fondness for the mice. It was a genuine emotion. This book will help to raise awareness about animal safety and teach humans how to create safer pest-control methods that do not harm animals. This book also emphasizes the importance of devoting time to reflection. When the author mentioned being at sea, I felt a sense of calm wash over me.

This book is full of optimism and serenity. Woody's personality is fantastic, and I admire it greatly. I liked how the author's writing style was straightforward and didn't mince words. He also used simple, easy-to-understand words. I liked how this book included images. These images were stunning and vibrant. In fact, there is nothing negative to say about this book.

Where Mice Meet the Sea by Victor Orne is a fantastic book that deserves a full rating. So I give this book 5 out of 5 stars because it was both interesting and impactful. I liked how, despite its short length, this book contained a lot of important messages. This book's editing is excellent, and I cannot recommend any changes to it.

I recommend this book to young readers who enjoy books about compassion and animal care. This book is brief and can be read in a short amount of time.

Where Mice Meet the Sea
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 1027
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I admire the fact that Woody wanted to keep the mice fro getting into his stuff without hurting them. That he recognized this while at sea is a testament to the calming qualities the water has for some.
Clara Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clara-tom.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Clara Tom »

This book was lively and I really enjoyed how the author directed all the points in a way that the authors will understand easily. I hope to read this book soon as it was really enjoyable.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”