Review of The Silence of the Shaggy Rug

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: The Silence of the Shaggy Rug by Daniel Jacob

Review of The Silence of the Shaggy Rug

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Silence of the Shaggy Rug" by Daniel Jacob.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In The Silence of the Shaggy Rug, Daniel Jacob used a system of compartmentalized stories and tales of different individuals in the Crooke-Well family and how they each lived their comedic life, heavily influenced by both parents and their ways of thinking, which they had no choice but to grow into. This likely strained the already broken family’s relationship, which was being held together by nothing but strings that, in my opinion, were just tied to the family name and prestige.

The book talks about a family’s struggle to hold together their already falling apart individual lives which are marred by all sorts of problems. We look at the life of each of the family members who pass through their troubles which seem to swallow them. A super savior appears to be on the way to save them. However, they are used to being always rescued by their mother through her vast level of connections and friends from her romantic affairs. Would this super savior remain "super?"

One positive aspect of this book is that it is a successful comedy. What is a successful comedy? I believe that a successful comedy is one that can engage its audience with meaningful dialogues or enact a scene, whether real or fictitious, that elicits laughter or humor, which is in itself the desired outcome. Anything other than that can hardly be called a successful comedy. This book has done justice to that.

The book was very intriguing as the stories are well woven, and its ability to hold its reader wondering what next is going to happen is to be admired. Also, I must say that the story was expertly written and executed. The idea of putting all the protagonists back into one picture after giving them their own reflective scenes was wonderful. It gave the book a certain touch. I believe this can be developed into an excellent captivating movie.

The book is a good read. I found nothing to dislike about it. From the beginning to the end, the book was exhilarating. The overall experience was excellent, as there were no typographical errors. This leads me to give the book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to people who would want to kick off after a stressful day at work. It is a must-read if you would want to lighten your day and have a good laugh. If you are a lover of comedy, add this book to your collection, it is sure to make your day.

The Silence of the Shaggy Rug
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”