Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Michelle Cummings tells the story of four fascinating women and a young girl in her book The Reel Sisters. Veronica, Sophia, Amanda, and Rose help Melody, a young child battling desperately to stay afloat in a freezing Colorado river. The four women, including Rose, the oldest, went fly fishing for the weekend as a way to get to know one another. Fly fishing was a common sport for these women, and as time passed, their bond grew stronger. Do you wish to find out what happens to them to bring about these adventures? Obtain a copy to learn more.

The value of friendship in one's life is emphasized in the book. I'm in awe that fly fishing might lead to lifelong friendships. I was able to comprehend that friendships can grow anytime, anywhere. These women were able to learn how to fly fish from Rose, who has a passion for the sport. She not only acts as the mother figure among them but is also the eldest. I was astounded by the author's deft character development and distinctive voice for each one. Sophia can be observed longing for a relationship similar to that of Amanda and Veronica as their love story develops. Melody is a photographer who gives off a certain air of uncertainty and confusion about her future. I was totally blown away by the author's imagination and writing skills.

The author's explanation of how fly fishing works and how it differs from other sorts of fishing is my favorite part of this book. Those who are familiar with fly fishing will find the information in the book interesting. I appreciate how these women, despite their differences, unite to build a solid relationship. This book has taught me that friendship is not dependent on one's age, status, or upbringing.

There is nothing about this book that I detest. I must admit that I took several lessons away from the book, one of which was the significance of creating valuable connections. In this novel, I could feel their suffering, their sorrow, their joy, and their horror. Readers will be moved to tears by this enthralling story. I must congratulate the author on her inventiveness and the editor on identifying no mistakes in the text. The book is exceptionally well-edited.

Because it provided a variety of viewpoints on how to maintain healthy relationships, I rate this book five out of five stars. I suggest everyone read this book, especially open-minded ladies. It'll be appealing to them.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I haven't heard of fly fishing before so I am curious to learn a thing or two about it. Also, the book falls in the genre of books I enjoy reading so I would read it. Your review on the book is apt well done.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love the bond between these women. It’s admiring and I wish I get one like this. It was in this novel I get to know what fly fishing. I’ve never heard of it before. Nice review!
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I enjoyed your review, I found it interesting the relationship between the women. I looking forward to reading this book.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings tells the story of how four ladies created bonding time by going on a fly fishing. Thanks for the great review.
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

No one can successfully line in isolation, therefore it is good to recognize true friendship and stay true to it. I love the way the women bond and share in each other's good and bad times. This review is wonderful.
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

Breedbee wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 03:37 No one can successfully live in isolation, therefore it is good to recognize true friendship and stay true to it. I love the way the women bond and share in each other's good and bad times. This review is wonderful.
No one can successfully live in isolation, therefore it is good to recognize true friendship and stay true to it. I love the way the women bond and share in each other's good and bad times. This review is wonderful.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I would love to know about the adventures of these four women Veronica, Sophia, Amanda, and Rose. Did the love and bond between them endure despite the adversaries they faced on their journey? I would know all these when I grab a copy of this exciting novel The Reel Sisters.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Before now I've never heard of fly fishing. Now I'm curious to find out from this amazing book. Thank you for this great review
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Nice story on friendship, I will like to know how the four women were able to keep the friendship and made it reel. Insightful review
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

I love the theme of friendship portrayed in this book. The review is so in-depth and comprehensive. Great review. Well done.
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Ekuma Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekuma-blessing.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekuma Blessing »

I must say I love the bond these women shared between themselves, although I have never heard of fly fishing before, I must say I learned a lot in this book. Great review.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

One of the thing I like about the book is the teamwork and love the characters shared. I was glued to the book as I read how these sisters showed themselves love. Good job.
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

With the view of things, this book appears captivating and appealing, but my favorite is the saving of the small girl from death. I love everything paragraph of your review. Good job.
Sandra Ijeoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ijeoma.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Sandra Ijeoma »

I value the time and effort that went into this evaluation. Because I read the book, I can attest to its intriguing plot, as detailed in this review. Michelle Cummings did a fantastic job of using the book to both teach about fly fishing and let us experience the beautiful connection the characters shared.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”