Review of Beyond The Headlights

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Review of Beyond The Headlights

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Beyond The Headlights" by Allan Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Beyond the Headlights is a book written by Allan Davis. It was divided into twenty-nine chapters and written in one hundred and twenty-nine pages. It is primarily centered on the journey of a gifted girl to stardom.

Allan tells a story of a little girl named Aiyana, who had difficulty reading, understanding, and writing. She was diagnosed with dyslexia but was blessed with a rare gift. She has always believed herself to be two people in one body. The other part of her always gives her direction on what to play on the piano. This was what she was good at, and it has been scientifically proven to be acausal parallelism. Father Clark was the first person to notice this rare gift and always prayed to the Angel of Mercy to never forget her. Eric was surely sent by the Angel of Mercy, who helped her leave the trailer park and start a new life in Toronto. Her journey from the age of seven to eighteen years was elaborately detailed in this book.

I like the fact that the book was structured in a manner that each chapter was a particular character’s point of view. It gave a background knowledge of their thoughts as well as their relation to other characters. I liked the fact that the author used wrong grammar to illustrate the level of illiteracy existing in Trailer Park, Broken Deer Double Wides. It gave a compound view of the background and childhood of Aiyana. It was also educational for me. I have never come across the concept of acausal parallelism. Reading this book gave me an opportunity to have an in-depth understanding of the concept. I also like the fact that it was a short book. I am not a fan of lengthy stories. I enjoyed reading the role of Father Clark in this book. It reiterates the fact that there are angels in human form on Earth.

The only part that I did not like in the book was the ending. I felt like it ended so abruptly. Her gift was only recognized by Wolfram and the panel. It would have been much better if the author continued the story of how she rose to Stardom and how her gift was recognized in the world. I would have also liked to know her relationship status with Eric. She admitted in the 28th chapter that she had fallen in love with him, but this was not detailed in the book. This left me with a lot of questions that I believe the second part of this book will surely answer. I think the author should consider writing a continuation of the story.

I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. My reason for deducting a star is because of the abrupt ending. The book was professionally edited. This, along with its positive aspects, ensured that no other star was deducted.

I will gladly recommend this book to parents to understand how to navigate and treat a dyslexic child. They should be able to spot any special gift or skill in their child, and it should be explored to give them recognition and relevance in society.

Beyond The Headlights
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I feel a little bit sorry for Aiyana. Being extraordinarily gifted in one area does not make up for not being able to read and understand properly.
Mercy Sos
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos.html
Latest Review: Inspector Mage by Aleese Hughes
Reading Device: 1400697484
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Mercy Sos »

Wow, sure does sound like a good book. I'm rushing to add it to my bookshelves.
Thanks for the review.
FunkyFlowerLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

In your review, you effectively encapsulated the essence of the book. Congrats! I enjoy how the book was organized so that each chapter was from the perspective of a different character. It provides background information on both their opinions and how they related to other characters.
The love of your life is 'YOU'

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”