Review of Cartha's Search For Valhalla's Tears

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 390
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: Island of Redemption by Chris Reynolds

Review of Cartha's Search For Valhalla's Tears

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cartha's Search For Valhalla's Tears" by Michael Equels.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Cartha's Search For Valhalla's Tears by Michael Equels, Allophorenth' Allo' of Ezra was a young lad of fifteen when he received the black onyx stone during a 'Choosin' Day.' This meant he was to embark on a trek across Cartha to prove his manhood. Also chosen to be part of 'the Fellowship' were Pastree (the halfling), Pellum (the halfelf), Malisa (a young Elvin girl), Dran (the dwarf), and Arth Pendragon (the half-giant). The Fellowship was required to pursue a worthy adventure as they traveled through Cartha. They confronted many foes and made friends along the way. They experienced first-hand stuff found only in legends as they struggled to remain alive by the time their fellowship ended. Their journey had one purpose: to find a sword called 'Tears of Valhalla.'

In this book, Michael created an entirely new world fitted with its unique cities, citizens, culture, and legends. The entire book was a journey and brought the anticipation and excitement that usually marked such adventures. The author's incorporation of romance and subtle humor further flavored the story. One of the most beautiful things about this book was watching the group of young people bond together through their journey, even though they were different species of individuals with different skills who banded together to achieve one purpose.

As I followed the characters through their journey, I saw them exhibit bravery and chivalrous qualities that might endear them to readers. The characters' chemistry gave the story a smooth flow and a sense that they were intentionally chosen. Imagine a band with a wizard in training, a tracker elf, a half-giant human, a human fighter, and a fantastic cook. It might have been an unconventional mix, but it worked. As already pointed out, the author created various magical and familiar characters that added thrill to the story. From dwarves, elves, magicians, orcs, and dragons to even ghosts of times past, the reader might never know what to meet on this journey. The most exciting scene in the book for me was when the author made a character out of an inanimate object. It was fascinating.

Cartha's Search For Valhalla's Tears had some features from popular storylines that felt like a mesh between the magic of Prince Arthur's Camelot in the movie Merlin and the edge found in Vikings but in a toned-down way. These familiars made the story an easy read for me.

The book appeared to be well-edited. However, the story was replete with a strong accent. I loved everything about Cartha's Search For Valhalla's Tears; it was a thrilling experience that delivered adventure. It would be most appreciated by lovers of magic and legendary narratives. I'd rate Cartha's Search For Valhalla's Tears five out of five stars.

Cartha's Search For Valhalla's Tears
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mercy Sos
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos.html
Latest Review: Inspector Mage by Aleese Hughes
Reading Device: 1400697484
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Mercy Sos »

I love Legendary narratives so this book is for me 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 will definitely read it. Your review was wonderful and we'll written. I know I will really enjoy reading the book. Thank you for your review
FunkyFlowerLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

You've perfectly captured the gist of the book in your review. Congrats!
The love of your life is 'YOU'

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”