Review of No Exaggeration

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bigfootisreal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigfootisreal.html
Latest Review: The Pathless Woods by Morgan Smith

Review of No Exaggeration

Post by bigfootisreal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Exaggeration" by Cee Cee Evans.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

No Exaggeration by Cee Cee Evans is a book that mirrors the author's life story. It profoundly captures the fragile nature of human life, how it can be easily swayed and tempted by the various vices of life and how one can be easily broken. This story also portrays how uncertain life can be and how the little unexpected things can be the turning point for one's life.

It tells the story of Catrin Thomas, whose own vices were drugs, partying, and sexual promiscuity. Much like some people who had veered down this part, Catrin started well in life with supportive parents who did all that they could to make sure she had a life better than theirs. As daughter number one, everybody had high hopes for her, but eventually, she lost her way. From dropping out of the university to getting pregnant to the advent of Mr. R into her life, Catrin's life kept spiralling downwards as Mr. R Introduced her to drugs and more partying and drinking. Catrin was slowly wasting away, but her father never gave up on her. He always extended an olive branch at every single turn as he kept insisting never to "cut the umbilical cord" and saying that you never give up on your child no matter what.

On the positive aspects of this book, I loved how the author captured the themes of love and support using Catrin's father, who, even until his last breath, refused to "cut the umbilical cord." I also liked how the author told the story. She took us down memory lane through her dreams, and it felt like we, the readers, lived through those moments with her. The theme of how uncertain life could be was also prevalent in the story. Everyone who knew Catrin would have thought she was heading for rock bottom because of her wayward lifestyle, but as fate may have it, she found her way again. Though she missed out on quality time with her father in real life, she was able to fix herself up and rise from the ashes of her lifestyle. It also showed us how patterns, if not carefully monitored and corrected, could go down our family line. This was seen in the case of Cuckoo as her mother's past lifestyle reared its ugly head in hers, but eventually, she found her own way. The author also explored the themes of love and support through the Big Man, who came in and added colours to Catrin's life.

On the negative aspects of this book, there's not much I could consider as such, save for the fact that some readers may not appreciate the author's writing style and might find the story a bit confusing. They might also find it overly exaggerated, especially in conversations between Catrin and the Big Man, as it seemed so hyper most of the time. Some readers may also perceive the chance meeting between her and the Big Man as unrealistic because some people believe these things do not work like that.

I recommend this book to everyone, but most especially to those that appreciate heated romance and adult content, as this book contains a lot of it. I believe the readers would have a lot to learn from Catrin's story, and if there was ever a perfect depiction of how mistakes do not define people, it would be this book. This book has a substantial amount of errors. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted a star because of the errors I found in the book. I did not deduct any other stars due to this book's positive aspects.

No Exaggeration
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ruthwriter »

Catrin life is a very painful one indeed. However, her father determine mind to see her get back to normal was encouraging.her story served as great example for me .great review.
OTrain M
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moonlight Over Florence
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-m.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2022 Reading Goal: 70
2022 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by OTrain M »

Great review. You went into detail sharing what you liked and disliked, all in all, making your review interested and engaging. Kudos!
Mercy Sos
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos.html
Latest Review: Inspector Mage by Aleese Hughes
Reading Device: 1400697484
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Mercy Sos »

I really loved the way her father never gave up on her, how he tried so hard to make sure she got back herself. This book was somewhat emotional for me. Seeing Catrin loosing her way was just so heartbreaking to read. But nevertheless, I enjoyed reading this book. Thank you giving an amazing review.
FunkyFlowerLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

In your review, you effectively encapsulated the essence of the book. Congrats!
The love of your life is 'YOU'

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”