Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erico Jackson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erico-jackson.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Erico Jackson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters, written by Michelle Cummings, is a fictional book that shows female friendships. The main characters in the story are five women: Rose, Sophie, Veronica, Amanda, and Melody, each with different backgrounds, and they are bonded together by fly fishing. Sophie, Veronica, and Amanda went up for fly fishing in Rose's cabin, and while they were doing fly fishing, they heard screams of a woman swept by water downstream. They fish her and find she is naked. Melody becomes the group's fifth member. The authors write the book from each woman's perspective, where she tells the individual stories of each character. She mentions each character's life before they became a group and started fly fishing; for instance, Veronica is the most successful member of the group. Veronica owns her company, where she coaches women executives on ways of becoming better leaders. The author explains the background of the other characters.

What I liked most in this book was the strategy where the author introduced each character. She does so by explaining their background and their stories, some of which made them become a group. It helps the reader familiarize themselves with the characters, making them engaging. I also liked the theme of true friendship that the author presented in the book. The women she discusses in the book come from different backgrounds, and how they end up becoming real friends. I also liked the use of dialogue in the book since it made the characters engaging and the book lively despite being fiction.

I did not find anything to dislike in this book since it was great. The flow was great when the author provided the basics of fly fishing and familiarized the reader with the characters since she provided background information on them; hence, nothing to dislike.

I rate The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings four out of four stars. The book was exceptionally well-edited; hence, I found no errors. It had many positive aspects and no negative aspects and was educative to the reader since it teaches them about women's empowerment; for instance, the case where Veronica empowers women to become better leaders. Since the book was great in every aspect, I gave it a perfect rating.

I recommend this book to women of all ages. It would be helpful since it teaches the readers the importance of female friendship and empowerment. The author uses characters of different ages to show how age is not a factor in true friendship.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Adeleye Seun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeleye-seun.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Adeleye Seun »

Dealing with people from different background or ethnic can be an headache, but Rose, Veronica, Amanda and Sophie, didn't not just come together as one but also work on the same goals.... This is a great review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”