Review of Holy Terror

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seroney_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seroney.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Review of Holy Terror

Post by Seroney_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Holy Terror" by John R. Dougherty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty is a novel that delves into the supernatural world of angels. We are introduced to a variety of murders occurring over the state. Interesting enough, all the victims are evil people with a history of criminal records. How they die is gruesome and despicable. Some don't seem to be by normal human strength. Who is behind all these mysterious killings? Who is passing such passionate judgment on the victims? Where will this frenzy lead to? Is killing off deserving individuals the best justice there is? Read on to know the perpetrator and, eventually, the ultimate decision at the end of the novel.

This thought-provoking masterpiece is the work of a very interesting imagination combined with research. The author understands the working of the angels and has done an incredible job of bringing them to life. I especially loved Thumo's depiction of anger towards the evil upon the earth. I understand his predicament since this is what he was created for: to bring justice into the world. Sometimes we all wish we could do the same. Lane and Ian are also well-developed characters that will eventually become focal points for the whole story. Read this book if you want to know more about the working of the supernatural in the natural realm. This could be an eye-opener.

What I loved about this story is the author's vivid description of scenes. It was not hard for me to get into the story from the very beginning. The author does not tally in the storytelling. Most of the scenes were fast-paced and did not bore me with redundancy. This is an aspect I look for in a book.

There was nothing that I disliked about this book. From the plot, storytelling, and conclusion, everything falls together beautifully. I loved the timely delivery and introduction of characters. The book is suspenseful and filled with a variety of emotional rollercoasters. It is definitely a book worth reading.

The author has borrowed heavily from concepts of Catholicism. Even though this did not affect the enjoyment of the book, I found it worth noting here. The reader will come across several Catholic beliefs. If one decides to read this book, one should do so with an open mind, as that will lead to an immense enjoyment of the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. From the many aspects aforementioned, nothing warrants a point deduction. I found only a few errors, and the book is professionally edited. I recommend this book to lovers of fictional novels with a touch of reality. Lovers of true crime and detective novels will also greatly enjoy reading this book. The book has a number of vividly described violent scenes. Reader discretion is advised.

Holy Terror
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Im not sure what to think of this novel. I like to imagine evil people getting what they deserve.
Lisa Park17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Lisa Park17 »

I think I'm completely in support of whoever is killing the evil and despicable characters in the book. They massively deserve the retribution. Well done.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”