Review of The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LilB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilb.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Post by LilB »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" by Gary Robinson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life can continue in a variety of ways that we cannot comprehend. When we believe we may be alone, we encounter individuals who have the power to alter our perspective on the world and how we view life. We come into contact with individuals who have the power to improve us and change the way we perceive the world. Duke and Gary's journeys are intertwined in The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson. It describes their respective journeys as well as how they first met. It demonstrated the distinctive lessons they learned from one another.

This narrative is divided into three distinct halves, and Duke's tale is the first. Duke has been practicing sword swallowing since he was a young child. He had grown up and performed elsewhere, but he still yearned to return to his circus family. When he returned, he felt that comfortable sense of calm, but when they encountered a problem with their circus, everything changed. He had to reorient himself as a result, but he ran into trouble while trying to do so. He would subsequently use this as a chance to further his reputation, but his employment as a sword swallower would expose him to unanticipated risk. As we observe Gary's academic struggles in both high school and college, the story of Gary is revealed. He became involved in drugs, parties, and other vices when he first entered college, but he eventually realized that he wanted to discover himself after graduation. Despite the difficulties he faced, he eventually found Duke, from whom he felt he could learn a lot. Learn more about these intriguing personalities and how they interact to improve one another.

The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid is a book by Gary Robinson that chronicles the adventures and passions of both Duke and Gary. I liked reading Duke's story and learning about it. I enjoyed how he kept going and cracking jokes along the road, even if things didn't always turn out the way he expected them to. His upbeat outlook on things drew my interest. It made his issues seem less serious and more manageable. Because I was interested in Gary's development, I also enjoyed reading his story. I wanted to see him reach the point where he could improve himself because he wanted better for himself.

Nothing else about this book bothered me, apart from the fact that I would have liked to see more character growth. The book was professionally edited, and I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars, given how well the author connected these two people and relayed their stories to the readers.

People who enjoy the circus and thrills and want to learn more about the daily lives of circus performers, including how they put on their shows, should read this book, in my opinion.

The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Soma45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma45.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Soma45 »

This book shows us the importance of friendship and having a good companion. It seems lively and I cannot wait to read the book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”