Review of The Genesis Connection

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Review of The Genesis Connection

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Genesis Connection" by Scott Sindelar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Genesis Connection by Scott Sindelar is a sci-fi thriller that follows the adventures of Dr Lucas Forge. Forge is an intelligent forensic psychologist who has helped to profile and solve many criminal cases. He then decides to pursue a more active role in the CIA. This decision leads him to work with a special force cracking down on drug kingpins before the drugs make their way into the country. However, Forge gets more than he bargains for when, after getting injured on a mission, he meets some men who claim to be gifted with supernatural powers and are looking to initiate him into their group. Elsewhere, a serial killer is on the loose, preying on young men with certain characteristics. How are these events connected? Forge will have to figure it out and determine if he has what it takes to solve these mysteries.

This book had a great start, and I was hooked on the plot almost immediately. I’m not a fan of books with slow beginnings because it’s usually tedious to push through them while waiting for the action to begin, so I appreciated that this book started with a bang. The storyline was very intriguing. There were a lot of flashbacks, but the author clearly indicated this in the chapter titles and the pages to remind readers of the time sequence, which was very helpful.

However, there were times when I got confused, and it felt like the book was missing a few pages. For example, I would have loved to see how Forge transitioned from being a forensic psychologist to becoming a member of the CIA, a breakdown of his team, how he got on with his team members, Jake and Frank, and details of their mission in Argentina. Also, the book doesn’t say what organisation the team works for, and I had to decipher and guess that it was the CIA because the setting of their office was in Langley.

As a result of these issues, the plot development didn’t seem cohesive enough, even though the storyline was great. I, therefore, award this book 3 out of 4 stars. The deduction is mainly because of the issues previously mentioned, which marred what would have been an otherwise perfect book. The book also ended on a cliffhanger that was intriguing enough to make me anticipate the next part of the series.

Fans of fast-paced action thrillers will love this book. However, it contains strong language and graphic violence that may not be suitable for some readers.

The Genesis Connection
View: on Bookshelves
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

The book title is captivating and the review is great too. Thank you.
Edith Njomo
Currently Reading: Kiss of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edith-njomo.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Edith Njomo »

I amazed by the fiction in the plot i simply can't wait to read the book. The review is detailed and piques my interest to want to know the book more thanks alot.
Edith Njomo
Currently Reading: Kiss of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edith-njomo.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Edith Njomo »

I amazed by the fiction in the plot i simply can't wait to read the book. The review is detailed and piques my interest to want to know the book more thanks alot.
Double Gaboinewe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Double Gaboinewe »

The introduction was fine but when getting to the climax it didn't flow but the book is really good that I agree with
Alice peter 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alice peter 2 »

I basically liked the book and love how the characters fall into place . I love the story line because it shows the hidden part of the cruel world we live in and I appreciate the author for showing this part out I would give this book a 4/4. Thank you.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Awesome! I have found profiling interesting ever since I began watching "Criminal Minds". I'll read it, but be careful with the problems you discussed.
Abu_Aisha1
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

Although I'm a huge fan of sci-fi books, the summary of this book is so captivating that I have to consider poking my nose into this particular one. This is an amazing review. Well done!
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

I like this thrilling thriller... Your summary is very captivating and made me want to read how Forge solved the mystery.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

It sounds like there are a lot of different plot threads with the CIA, Forge himself, and this mysterious serial killer. I'm interested to see how they all tie together. Great review.
it is what it is ....
Faisal Kurfi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faisal-kurfi.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers: by Arthur Hartz

Post by Faisal Kurfi »

I like thrillers with plot twists and this novel fits the bill. I enjoyed reading your summary because it further arose my interest in the book.
Natalie Sheph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-sheph.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Natalie Sheph »

It seems like an ideal book for thriller lovers. The cover and title look intriguing. I would love to read this book. Thank you for your honest review.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

Forge sure has a task ahead of him! Having to figure out how the serial killer on the loose is connected to the new supernatural group and vice versa seems like a pretty big deal. But a plot that isn’t cohesive enough is a dealbreaker for me. I like having to connect the dots for myself, but I don’t enjoy being too confused and a plot that does not flow.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I think its like super heroes from the American Show Heroes. It's got an intriguing plot but I don't think it's for me. Great review!
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

This is a great review! Very captivating and original! Nice job.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”