Review of Fatally Blessed

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1895
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: Fatally Blessed by Francie Phillips
2022 Reading Goal: 120
2022 Goal Completion: 39%

Review of Fatally Blessed

Post by Kibetious »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fatally Blessed" by Francie Phillips.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kinases Unlimited’s Progressive Brain Research Project is running the second phase of a study whose effects could be immensely debilitating; it is a means to an end. Jasmin and Arlo have been selected to participate as a couple and paid handsomely. They do not know what they are getting themselves into. When the dust settles, will they be found safe? What is their role in the book?

In Fatally Blessed, A’Star has to gather her friends on a critical mission to find the place she saw in her lucid dream and save six people. A’Star is from a family that has for many years greatly excelled in the equine business world. The inexplicable death of their main breeding stallion, Poseidon, threatens the viability of their company; fortunately, A’Star had a wonderful idea, and her mother agreed to it on some conditions. How did Poseidon catch COVID-48? Meanwhile, someone has modified the code of a program, denying the original programmer authorization to rewrite it.

Fatally Blessed: A'Star Charise DeLa Luna (A Novel Series) by Francie Phillips is a story of constantly walking the thin line between reality and the dream world and cunningly evading disclosing the truth without telling an outright lie. It is about breaking the stubbornness of those who have developed cruel habits to bring them on the right course through unexpected means. The combination of numerous subplots makes this story absorbing. Equally, the light-hearted banter between friends will keep you enjoying the conversations.

I loved the flow of the whole story. When it began, I never expected such a complicated plot whose ending would be riveting and unusual. All the characters, ranging from A’Star to the secondary ones, were brilliant. They had important roles to play, making it easy to remember them. Overall, there is nothing to be disliked about the book. Owing to the grammatical errors I encountered while reading, I rate this book three out of four.

I recommend it to all ardent readers of suspense action and mystery books. Anyone who enjoys a character-driven story with supernatural abilities will enjoy reading this book. It is a unique story about the kind of friends that have your back even when they cannot fully comprehend what you are going through. The ending had a cliffhanger which piqued my curiosity, but no major loose ends were left untied. I cannot wait for the sequel to know more, particularly the identity of Rhoode and what became of the stalker.

Fatally Blessed
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”