Review of To Hell with the Devil, It's Time to Blow the Lid Off Lucifer's Coffin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Raymond N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymond-n.html
Latest Review: Charlie Harris by Brendan Mary Dempsey
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 113%

Review of To Hell with the Devil, It's Time to Blow the Lid Off Lucifer's Coffin

Post by Raymond N »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To Hell with the Devil, It's Time to Blow the Lid Off Lucifer's Coffin" by Gary Randall Wallace.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One of the biggest challenges people have with reading the Bible is its interpretation. Arguably, many Bible stories and events are told using parables. The challenge many people have is understanding if some parts of the Bible are actual events or if they are metaphorically written.

Was there an actual serpent present to convince Eve to eat the forbidden fruit? Is hell a real place? Did God create an angel of disobedience? Could rebellion really have transpired in heaven? These and many more questions are the challenges that readers of the Bible are faced with. In To Hell with the Devil: It's Time to Blow the Lid Off Lucifer's Coffin, Gary Randall Wallace answers the questions people are scared to have answers to. With evidence from the Bible, the author shows that Lucifer was not thrown from heaven. He exposes the misconceptions we have about the devil.

I was skeptical about reading this book. I had a totally different perspective from the author about many events written about in this book before I started reading it. While I cannot say that I am strongly convinced about the truth of all the things written, I can sense a mind shift. I liked that the author backed his viewpoint with numerous scriptures. I believe the presentation of the author should make it hard for readers to disagree with his perspective because of the undeniable evidence. While this may not mean a total acceptance of the perspective written about, I believe it is a great way to start sensitizing people. I commend the author for discussing the aspects of the Bible people shy away from. One thing reading this book made me realize is the intensity of indoctrination. I understood a lot of things talked about, but being deeply rooted in an opposing view, I found it hard to accept them. Books like this challenge people to be liberal and open-minded in religion, which is a difficult task. If we have to be progressive, we should apply logic in all spheres of life. I liked that the author challenged the closed-mindedness of Christians.

The amount of information present in this book is invaluable. I was able to find answers to questions I had about hell and the devil. I liked that there were details about the author's background. It added to the credibility of this book. I barely found errors in this book; it was professionally edited. There was nothing to dislike about this book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Though a short read, I believe this book cannot be read by all Christian readers. If you are not seeking answers to the biblical theories and indoctrination you have received, then this book is not for you. It could easily be misrepresented as an attack on your belief. I recommend this book to Christian readers with open minds.

To Hell with the Devil, It's Time to Blow the Lid Off Lucifer's Coffin
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”