Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ronkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronkey.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by ronkey »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is no good story without a good element of suspense. I now realize that even a coward may withstand suffering, but only the strong can sustain high suspense. Dorothy May Mercer's Cynthia and Dan is a fictional novel with a high level of suspense and romance.

This book's plot can be compared to a two-edged sword with two sides: on one side, there is romance and passion; on the other, it is about how a team uses high-level technology to combat cyber terrorism.

I can't talk about the love and romantic side of this novel without mentioning a female character named Cynthia and two other male characters, Dan and Sky. Cynthia happens to be the head of special security for a political official in Washington, DC. Cynthia is a smart lady who is dedicated to her work. Dan, on the other hand, is an official in the state's police department. Dan and Cynthia have been in a relationship for a while, but when Cynthia meets Sky, things change, and there are lots of hard decisions to be made. The technology part of this novel won't be complete without mentioning Cynthia, Cynthia's brother, and the other two computer genii who are dedicated to fighting the cyber-terrorists and protecting the state from a series of cyber attacks.

I must say that I so much like and am very impressed with the way the author goes through the plot of this novel with high suspense, which is what energizes me throughout my reading moment and keeps me anticipating the author's next novel. I so much like the technological part of this novel. I enjoyed the way Cynthia and her technical terms fought against cyber attackers. This motivates me. Despite having a small team, they are capable of completing large tasks.

The things I dislike about this book are the way the characters are not properly developed and sometimes the dialogues between the characters are not mature enough. Another thing is that I wish the author could have added a little more spice to this novel's cover. A little more graphic work and finishing would have made the book cover more attractive, which will give a brief description of the great action that the book contains. Aside from these little dislikes, the novel is indeed a wonderful one.

I so much appreciate the author's writing and narration skills, which are awesome. I found no errors while reading, which shows that the author had done exceptional editing on this book.

I am pleased to recommend this lovely novel to readers who love fictional novels that contain high suspense. At the same time, I won't advise young readers who are below the age of eighteen to read this novel because it contains sexual content, and adult readers who do not like erotic content can skip the sexual part of the novel.

I am glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars after considering the appealing parts of this novel, which outweigh the little things I wish the author could have done better. The book is straightforward to read and understand. It also has a little comedy in it, which makes the book more enjoyable.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”