Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BenjaminFrank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benjaminfrank.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by BenjaminFrank »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan is a book that explains all that goes right when people intercept the elaborate plans made by terrorists. One day, a drone crashed into the compound of the White House. Where did this drone come from? Who was flying it? These were all questions that the FBI and other security agencies could not answer. Unknown to them, a terrorist trio was planning to assassinate the president, and the drone was a big part of their plans. Even though the FBI was oblivious to this plan, Glenn knew. He had to swing into action before it was too late. Cynthia, his sister, co-owned the firm that uncovered this plan. Together, they must figure out an intelligent way to smoke out those terrorists and safeguard the president of the United States of America. Will they be successful?

I did not dislike anything about Cynthia and Dan. There was no negative aspect to this book that detailed the modus operandi of some terrorist sympathizers. A book like this cannot be written with no research done before said writing. It looked like Dorothy May Mercer did her due diligence on the terrorist world. That is why this book is so good.

Cynthia and Dan is a book whose plot is addictive. I must put out that warning because it will help you decide whether or not you should read it. The story is exciting and informative. There is no saying how you will react to the revelations made by Dorothy May Mercer about the cyberworld, but I am glad she exposed those truths. One truth that stuck is the one that talked about how terrorist organizations recruit. They use social media platforms like TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and many others to flaunt their lifestyle and attract weak-minded teenagers. These teenagers turn into sympathizers and slowly become accomplices for these organizations. I did not expect to learn this much from Cynthia and Dan, but I did, and I liked that fact the most in Cynthia and Dan.

Dorothy May Mercer added a healthy dose of humor in Cynthia and Dan. It was just the right amount not to make this book a joke but still give a light air to the tension-filled plot. Dan’s antics were my comic relief in the story. You should read that part more than once if you ever decide to read this book.

I am glad I did not dislike anything in this book because that would mean I could not give it the rating I had in mind. Before I get to the rating, I want to note that Cynthia and Dan was edited exceptionally well by Dorothy May Mercer. Now, to the rating, I have decided to give Cynthia and Dan a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because Dorothy May Mercer made it perfect. I recommend it to readers over 16 who love terrorist and cyberwar-themed novels. Young readers should not read it because there is a graphic sex scene in the book.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”