Review of Ghosts of Cumberland Island

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Review of Ghosts of Cumberland Island

Post by Itz Savaga »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ghosts of Cumberland Island" by Anderson Adams.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Ghosts of Cumberland Island, Anderson Adams explained the supernatural part of life. On August 21, 1944, Jackson Mitchell Jones got missing while visiting Cumberland Island for a high-class charity event with his beautiful fiancé, Addison Smith. His disappearance was a shock as his body was never found or recovered. This left many questions hanging in the hearts of all those who heard the story or was connected to it one way or the other. The case turned cold as there were no leads or reasonable witnesses to sustain it. Addison Smith was a prime suspect though she claimed innocence. Ten years later, she died a spinster in her sleep.

Years later, Emily Duval and Trent Decker IV tied the knot in a simple but classy wedding. They spent the first few days of their honeymoon in Royal St. Augustine. The following five days, which they were meant to spend camping on Cumberland Island, seemed so promising; little did they know it would turn out to contain a whole lot of mysteries and secrets. Emily being the brave one in the relationship, chose to take the bull by the horn. What happens when the answer to the disappearance of Jackson lies in the hands of a ninety-three-year-old man struggling with prostate cancer? Will Emily and Trent get to the root of the matter?

I like the style of the author's writing. He conveyed everything one needed to know about the particular characters and the storyline in general. The story was not too predictable, making it very original, and the readers would be interested in wanting to find out what happened next. The introduction of each character was superb as the author explained them in a way that the reader would connect to them mentally. There were also lessons to learn from this book that can be applied in different areas of life.

I feel that the author should have delivered the storyline better. Some parts of the book felt rushed, and it seemed like they were not well explained. This was not bad as it was barely noticeable, but I thought to point it out. Furthermore, the book should have been better edited. Some of the grammatical errors would have been noticed if the editing had been done carefully.

I will give Ghosts of Cumberland Island by Anderson Adams a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. The stars are well deserved as the book had a fascinating and original storyline. The characters were also well defined. However, the book was not professionally edited, which is why I removed a star.

I recommend Ghosts of Cumberland Island by Anderson Adams to mystery lovers. The book had a whole lot of mysteries left to the readers to unravel. Lovers of complicated storylines would love this book as well.

Ghosts of Cumberland Island
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

An unexplained disappearance always makes for a good story. I’m very sorry for Addison since she was apparently wrongly accused. It will be very interesting to see if Emily and Trent can solve the mystery.
Doris1234
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Doris1234 »

I thought it was awesome. I hope that Emily and Trent can find the answer and I would want to read till the end. To me it seems like it keeps me in suspense and I want to read more of it. It is like a journey. I would give it the top rating of 5
Prince Chiben
Currently Reading: Sip Lake
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Prince Chiben »

They left the Mystery open,who can solve this mystery?can emily and trent solve this mystery?wow!thats a wonderful review by anderson adam...i can't wait to pass this one,i going to solve the mystery myself... A good review
Md Riyaz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Md Riyaz »

An unexplained disappearance always makes for a good story. I’m very sorry for Addison since she was apparently wrongly accused. It will be very interesting to see if Emily and Trent can solve the mystery.
Letlhogonolo Mohlamonyane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Letlhogonolo Mohlamonyane »

As they were both good hearted people, its a pity cause a dark cloud set on them, shocking mysterious disappearance of jackson Mitchell and for his fiance it been a hard situation to deal with, can't imagine still moaning and become a suspect for my fiance's disappearance. The story is supercool and mysterious too i would love to khow what happened next

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”