Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brandy Herndon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-herndon.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Brandy Herndon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan Cyber War
Author: Dorothy May Mercer

I very much enjoyed this read! When Cynthia the Senator's right hand woman meets the mysterious Sky she is faced with a potentially life changing situation and there are many twist and turns along the way. Not only does Cynthia find herself making important personal decisions but major events come up at work that have her and her team scurrying to find the answers. Cynthia and her team discover plots against the president and set out on a mission to put a stop to it before it's too late.

I loved this book I can't say it enough! There were so many positives but the first one I will start with was the real world relatable events that took place. One issue in particular was something that many women go through but may not talk about and are unaware of their options when it comes to unplanned parenthood. I also enjoyed the events that took place that tied the characters together and the events were realistic so that made it even more interesting.

There was not anything I didn't like about the book. The only thing I thought I would like more of as a personal preference was more of a chase between Sky and Cynthia. I love a good chase that builds up and when the characters finally come together you have a sigh of relief. But this is a personal preference and did not affect my enjoyment of the book.

I gave this book four out of four . First I love how Cynthia is relatable in every way during the story. Cynthia is in a comfortable but not very exciting relationship with Dan a police officer and we have all been in that place of comfort. With Cynthia being in that relationship it was not hard for a mysterious stranger to catch her attention. The decisions she makes after meeting this mystery man have some consequences that lead her to some choices that no woman ever wants to be faced with. The events that occur and how the characters are all intertwined even if thought they didn't know it at first was one of my favorite parts. There was so much taking place but in a way that is easily followed . The information given in this book I thought was great for anyone who might need it or even if it was pure curiosity about choices in parenthood. There was the right amount of romance in this book as well it didn't take up the entire story. Instead there were many other things that happened and the romance was not the complete focus.

If you are someone who enjoys a little romance and also has an interest in cyber wars then this book is a great read! There is not too much of either the romance or cyber war and the characters are always busy and entertaining with an easy to follow story line.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”