Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monique Smith 11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monique-smith-11.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Monique Smith 11 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Geena is a construction engineer, with an interesting, yet morbid life story. Her mother, Beth has had her fair share of good and bad experiences. She ran away from home, but was lucky enough to be saved by a man she now considers her gay best friend, Joe Tinkerman or Tink as he would prefer. Geena’s father Kevin, has also been through many trials, starting with his alcoholic father. Beth and Kevin’s lives constantly intertwin with many different people who bring out the good and bad in them. Entanglement- Quantum and Otherwise focuses on how everyone is connected in some way or another. It shows how everyone in the novel are the protagonists in their own stories and how they either overcome their pasts or allow it to follow them to their deaths. In this novel, it is apparent that the characters never really know each other, regardless of how long they may have been part of each other’s lives.

I really enjoyed. Entanglement- Quantum and Otherwise., as there was never a dull moment. John Danenbarger found a way to incorporate many different protagonists into one novel and show how they were connected. It was thrilling to discover how all the characters were somehow in relation with one another. I was constantly left in anticipation of what would happen next, as I discovered who Cricket was and how he was connected to Geena. The novel evokes many emotions in the reader and makes it difficult to love or hate the characters. This is because we are exposed to different sides of each character, which are positive and sometimes negative.

The novel was quite entertaining, but I could not keep track of the time as there were moments when it was not indicated what year it had been. I was confused as to which year it had been and sometimes even how old the characters were. It was especially difficult, because the stories in the novel takes place over a long period of time. Years later, Davis lives in the Norway and we are told that he is older, but we were only later provided with his actual age. I imagined that he was an old man, but later discovered that he was not that old. Other than that,. Entanglement-Quantum and Otherwise. had me captivated until the end.

I rate this novel. 3 out of 4., because it was really entertaining. All the characters were unique and I was quite surprised by the unusual relationships that were formed. It was also fascinating how all the characters were connected and how they developed over time. I loved how Beth and Kevin both came from bad pasts, but managed to find happiness, until it all changed again.

I would recommend this novel to a mature audience, who loves suspense. It is for people who enjoy thrillers and love the feeling of wanting to know what happens next. This is, because the novel has many shocking moments which this audience would enjoy.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”

Automatic Ads by Google