Review of The Keeper of Clarity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Review of The Keeper of Clarity

Post by Darlings O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Keeper of Clarity" by Ivy Gilbert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Samantha Taylor woke up sweating profusely, retaining the same nightmare that had haunted her for days. She was calmed by her husband, Paul Taylor, who assured her that everything was fine. Meanwhile, they were to attend an event later that day because Samantha was to be recognized for the best-selling book she wrote. During the event, the CEO of the publishing company, Elise Watkins, decided to introduce her to different elites as she believed that it was a significant stage in her writing career. She was introduced to Michael Ryan, whom she felt was familiar in a way she did not understand. Also, Samantha felt she was possessed by this man’s allures even though something scared her about him.

The next day, Paul and Samantha prepared to visit the fertility clinic that was helping them to find a solution to Samantha’s childlessness as they had an appointment with the clinic that morning. While a block away from the clinic, they encountered a tragic occurrence that changed Samantha's whole life perspective as she sought to understand and unveil Paul's words of “Clarity being protected” and understand the ancient teachings being revealed in her dreams.

Ivy Gilbert wrote The Keeper of Clarity. There are a lot of positive things I appreciate about this book. The author's character development made for a better understanding of the role each person had to perform throughout the book; for example, Samantha's role in the book was a crucial one, and she was able to carry out her purpose, especially as a mother to Maia Elise’s character. I also understood things from this novel, especially from Samantha’s explanation of her self-help book about how one can create their own life. Also, I learned things about ancient teachings, teachings about creating a high vibration to subdue the low vibration. I equally enjoyed the plot of this novel because each event shaped the next one. For example, the author perfectly outlined the way Samantha was able to overcome all the heartbreaking situations she encountered, how she played a significant role in her daughter's upbringing and how she was able to unveil the mystery behind the mysterious nightmares she had. Another positive aspect of this book is the writer's style of narration; honestly, this novel was never boring at any point. It was written in an incredible manner that any reader would be absorbed in its storyline till the very end.

I must say there is nothing to dislike about this book, especially because the book was expertly edited, and I didn't seem to come across any error. Therefore, I will give this book a well-deserved rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning more about ancient teachings. I also recommend it to lovers of historical non-fiction. Also, this book is more suitable for a mature audience because it contains some erotic scenes.

The Keeper of Clarity
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Erotic scenes are not for me. Thanks for mentioning them. Otherwise this sounds like a very interesting novel. I am intrigued by the interpretation of dreams.
Stephanie Cameron
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-cameron.html
Latest Review: Grizzly Lake by Robert Woods

Post by Stephanie Cameron »

Is it ancient teachings in general; from all types of backgrounds? I noticed the dream catcher on the cover then assumed Indian so when I read your review I got a little confused. I love historical fiction so this book does make me curious.
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

This is a story about how Samantha had a mysterious nightmare and the clarity behind it. The novel was not boring, and the author's writing style was conversational. I am glad you enjoyed reading the book. Thanks for the great review.
Fearnia Laurel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearnia-laurel.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Fearnia Laurel »

It sounds like a very interesting novel. Furthermore, I enjoy learning about traditions and ancient teachings, thus it seems like it would suit my taste. Thank you for the review.
Hamisha Bhana
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hamisha-bhana.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Hamisha Bhana »

It appears interesting from the review. I enjoy historical fiction and learning about different cultures.

I do find the review slightly overdrawn and a summary not really review.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

Thanks for the review. Erotic scenes are not really my forte.
Zeph Dim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeph-dim.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Zeph Dim »

Thanks for the review. Good one. It is like you have done justice to a good book. No spoilers. Reading the review one comes out with a box of unanswered questions. Curiosity is pricked, the only option left is to search out the answers by reading the book.
TrulyLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trulylady.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by TrulyLady »

I do agree with you we learned from reading books. Other opinions and knowledge helps us see and understand I will be reading this book soon. The why you describe how you felt after reading was very uplifting. Thanks
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for a great review. I was intrigued by the title and, in particular, the cover of this book but your review has added more context to this. Definitely one to add to my bookshelf.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”