Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lumish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lumish.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Lumish »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia, a secret agent working for Senator Mike and secretly fighting terrorists on the Internet, is the subject of Dorothy May Mercer's book Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War. Cynthia and Dan's relationship ended when she slept with a handsome young stranger known only as "Sky." Cynthia felt guilty for cheating, but she had no regrets about the actions that followed. Dan broke up with her the next day, but she believes the relationship ended before the breakup. Cynthia ended up befuddled, falling for someone she knew nothing about except his name and Dan's constant display of affection that extended beyond friendship after they broke up.

Cynthia and her brother Glenn recruited two computer genii to assist them in fighting the terrorists and destroying their means of communication. Will Cynthia return to Dan because she doubted Sky's identity? Will she and her brother be able to carry out their plan and eliminate the terrorist? How will this play out?

Many aspects of this book appealed to me, including the fact that Cynthia and Glenn perform patriotic acts for their country, even though they will not be recognized for them. I liked how the book was full of suspense, especially about Sky and Cynthia's relationship. The author, wrote in such a way that the reader would have no trouble understanding the various characters' points of view. Cynthia is a smart, intelligent, and strong woman, which is what I liked best about this book. She adores her job and will terminate any threat to it. She wasn't perfect, but she was a character I enjoyed reading.

I enjoyed many aspects of this book, but I was disappointed that, while it began well and held my attention, the author abruptly ended her book near the end, making it appear as if she was rushing to finish it. This was what I liked least in the book. This left me perplexed about a few issues the author did not fully explain before closing the book. Apart from that, I enjoyed every aspect of the book.

I liked the book. Apart from the ending, I enjoyed everything about the book. This book contained no errors that I discovered. It was exceptionally well-edited. As a result, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is a romantic novel that also demonstrates selfless service to one's country intertwined with Cynthia's ongoing romance made the book more intresting. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy suspense and romance.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”