Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a book about five women from different backgrounds united by their common interest in fly fishing. The book starts with Sophie talking about how she met Rose, the oldest of all five of them. Rose is very experienced at fly fishing and acts as a coach to the girls. The friendship grows from just Sophie and Rose to four when Sophie meets Veronica and Amanda, and later Melody joins the group. They all meet at Rose’s cabin from time to time to fish and spend time away from home. Told from each woman’s perspective, Sophie, Rose, Amanda, Veronica, and Melody share their stories as their friendship grows into sisterhood.

There are a lot of exciting things about this book. The outstanding themes in this book that excited me the most were friendship and women's empowerment. I also got a great deal of information about fly fishing from this book. I have never gone fishing before, but I don’t think I’ll do too badly if I go fishing now that I have read this book. The author was descriptive and also provided an image of the fishing tool to help readers understand the fishing activities being described. The author also made the characters real and relatable, especially Amanda. I’m sure most women can relate to her story.

There were just a few things that I did not enjoy about this book. There was a long talk about caddis. Too much information about Caddis bored me, and I couldn’t wait to get past it. Also, there were times when I couldn’t remember who was talking. I had to go back to look at whose turn it was to narrate. Apart from the caddis dragging and having to go back to check who was talking, I had absolutely no issue with this book.

My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars. I had an interesting read. The book was totally fun. The language was simple and the description was clear enough. The energy was positive. I loved that the women didn’t give each other any negative energy, proving that female friendships aren’t always toxic. This book was well written and perfectly edited. I did not find any errors. I think I would like to learn to fly fish. The story was inspiring.

I would recommend this book to everyone who likes fly fishing. Also, whoever is interested in fishing will love this book. This book also showed how women can empower each other in friendship. So, I think this book will benefit every woman and help them build friendships. This book was fun, and anyone who enjoys a good story about friendship can pick up this book and be blown away by all the excitement in it.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I love the plot and setting of the book. Fly fishing seem to be an interesting sports, and I would love to engage in it during my leisure hours.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”