Review of The Arrow That Flies By Day

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Review of The Arrow That Flies By Day

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Arrow That Flies By Day" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After graduating from the University of Afghanistan, Marine veteran John Thaddeus took a chance to play football. He entered the field, which was filled with athletes vying for spots on the New Jersey Raptors’ team. Despite the fact that he had never played football in college, he took a chance to compete as a kicker. His kicks were made the old-fashioned method, unlike those of other NFL kickers. His father, who had passed away, taught him how to kick in this manner. His mother died years later, leaving him without any close relatives.

The only person left who cared for him was a nun, Sister Francis who was his high school principal. Sister Francis helped look after his mother when she was sick with breast cancer. Sister Francis also paid for him through school when his mother couldn’t afford it. While he was in service, she wrote to him and sent him cookies on his birthday and at Christmas.

Sister Francis showed him kindness. She gave him a scapula to wear at all times and admonished him to pray the rosary when he was faced with difficult and challenging situations. While he was in service he sustained a wound that left him heartbroken for the rest of his life.

Was John able to secure a spot in the New Jersey Raptors’ team? What wound did he sustain and how did he deal with it? What was the tragic incident that ended it all? Find out all these and more in the pages of, The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant.

The book is written in simple grammar that is easy to read and understand, but there are some terms and phrases that will be better understood by Christians of the Catholic faith such as scapula, rosary, praying decades of the rosary, etc. I also loved how the book just had a few characters, which made the plot easy to follow.

I don’t think the story is intriguing because it doesn’t entice you to stay reading till the end. The narrative had some nice morals, and one that stood out to me was when John risked his life to save a woman who was being attacked, despite the fact that he was putting himself in danger.

Apart from what I mentioned earlier about the story not being intriguing, there is nothing I disliked about the book.

I discovered only a single error in the book so I can say that it was excellently edited. With this, I’m happy to give a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

I will recommend the book to people of the Christian faith, especially Catholics who are looking to move unto a new phase in their lives and also those passing through various life challenges. Both adults and children in this category are welcome to read.

The Arrow That Flies By Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Faith Ejai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-ejai.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Faith Ejai »

I loved the way you wrote the review. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for providing this useful information. I'm sure many will love this book.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

A religious book; Nice. Your review was properly written and I enjoyed reading, you definitely did justice to this.
Anastasia Baglay
Currently Reading: It
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anastasia-baglay.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Anastasia Baglay »

Usually I am a bit sceptical when I see a perfect score in reviews. However, you justified your point well; it sounds grounded. Thank you!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”