Review of The Arrow That Flies By Day

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sandra Cajethan
Favorite Book: Raven's Peak
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-cajethan.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Review of The Arrow That Flies By Day

Post by Sandra Cajethan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Arrow That Flies By Day" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When I found out that this book is a Christian book, I wanted to avoid reading it. I was going through tough times, but as an avid reader, I kept reading.
John Thaddeus is an inspiring character. Plus, the author, John Servant, did a wonderful job with touching lives with this story.

John Thaddeus, the main character, had all the reasons to give up on God, and on life generally, but he didn't. The death of his father makes life difficult for him and his mum, and he is always getting into fights because of the anger.
His sweet mother; Joan, and the kind old nun; Sister Francis, decide to enlist him into the Marine in Afghanistan. There he learns how to focus on God and his purpose, he never stops praying and receiving encouragement from Sister Francis. After losing his mum to cancer, he is back to the loving arms of the sister. She really plays the part of the mother so well to John and all she encounters. Her prayers and encouragement strengths John's faith and purpose. John attempts to join the NFL to pursue his dream of becoming a top footballer, and a renowned kicker. But Will he be allowed to play with his broken leg? Will he be able to achieve his dreams despite the obstacles on his way?

The arrows that flies by day by John Servant is one book I have come to love. It has taught me about the unconditional love portrayed by Sister Francis and John, it gave me hope, strength and motivation in the right dose. This is a short story with five chapters, but each of them is captivating, and they touched me in ways too beautiful to describe.

While reading the arrows that flies by day I didn't encounter any error, this goes to prove that the book is proofread by a professional. But I struggled with the football terminologies used in the book because I am not a football fan. They were strange, and almost made reading the book difficult for me.

I rate this book 4 out of 4, and I recommend it to anyone in need of a reason and strength to move on. My life was changed just like Harvey and the homeless man; the characters of this book. This small, but wonderful package isn't for believers alone, unbelievers will find it interesting because of the thought provoking lessons and motivations in it. I won't forget this encouraging quote I got from the book, " you shall not fear the terror of the night nor the arrow that flies by day". ( Psalm 91:5).

The Arrow That Flies By Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”