Review of The Receivership

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Orizon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 900
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Thoughts Are Things by Prentice Mulford, Quié Digné

Review of The Receivership

Post by Orizon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Receivership" by Dr. Leo August Jr..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Impacting knowledge on an individual is vital and should not be taken with levity. In his book The Receivership, Dr. Leo August, Jr. highlights the challenges teachers encounter in their quest to bring out the best in their students. This book contains the themes of diligence, courage, and passion.

Teachers go to various lengths to ensure that their students acquire helpful knowledge, and in a way, they are responsible for the molding of their future. Ben Halley is one of such teachers whose passion for teaching made him keen to see that the reputation of teachers is not ruined. He takes up the responsibility of speaking against the corrupt practice of the government. The government tends to blame teachers for the shortcomings of their students, especially during the state examinations. He was not alone in this movement; Mr. Howard Sales, the principal of the school where Ben was a seventh-grade math teacher, was involved with other teachers. Can teachers be faulted for the failure of every student? What happens when years of service are no longer appreciated? Read this book to find out.

The author's writing prowess is splendid and commendable. It is simple yet unique. The way he introduces the element of flashbacks in certain aspects of the plot without straying from the current happening in the book is admirable. An instance was when Ben was to bear witness in court; the author went back in time to reveal a conversation Ben had with his wife before that day. It was done seamlessly, and I had no trouble connecting the dots between the past and the current events. The characters in the book were well developed, and the settings in the play were not elaborate, which helped to build my focus as a reader. For these reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

The author's use of italics to differentiate the characters' thoughts from the event is something I love about this book. It offers a glimpse into the characters' qualities because the reader tends to understand the thoughts running through the mind of the characters. For instance, during the hearing, Mr. Travis Mason, who was to defend Governor Larson, was in a dilemma of whether to question his client or not since Larson had already said more than he should. It was through the author's initiative to use italics to reveal more that I was able to know about Mason's fix. This made me understand more about the characters and the actions they took. Ben Halley is my favorite character in the book because he was courageous enough to stand up for what he believed was right. He did not allow those in places of higher authority to intimidate him.

I dislike nothing about this book, although I would have loved to know more about Larson's mindset after the hearing. The book was professionally edited, as I observed a few grammatical errors, but they did not hinder my reading process.

In conclusion, I recommend The Receivership to individuals who are interested in the educational system. Readers will gain more insight into the depth of passion and how it can be a driving force to achieving success.

The Receivership
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt

Post by Peace10 »

I really wish some good teachers of nowadays would be appreciated. Nice review!
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ruthwriter »

Teachers are great sacrificer. They commit all their time and effort to bring the best out of a student always.thanks for the review
Richard Azubike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-azubike.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Richard Azubike »

A teacher can not be rewarded because they build leaders of tomorrow. I would how the author wrote about teachers in the book
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 573
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Shadow: The Moonracer Chronicles by T. August Green
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

For many years, teachers have had to “teach for the test” so their students do well and the teachers are not punished. As a result, students don’t learn the things they really need to know.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”