Review of The Arrow That Flies By Day

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jasmine Bailey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-bailey.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Review of The Arrow That Flies By Day

Post by Jasmine Bailey »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Arrow That Flies By Day" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I really enjoyed this book. It runs fluently when you try to read it and it is really interesting from the first page. I think that the topic in the discussion and throughout the chapters of the story, he is really intriguing and grabs the reader in a way some of the books don’t. The story aspect of focusing around football and the main character being a marine who has fought in the Afghanistan war makes it more for you as it’s different from other stories which I have read.

I do like the main character. The John character is easily liked, he is friendly and straight to the point with what he wants to do the job. The fact he wants to be a pro football player is really appealing to the storyline. I like the fact that it shows his father taught him how to kick, but it is very sad that both his parents died. As the first part of the story progresses I like the in-depth explanation of how he became the person is today as it talks you through parts of his life to a significant to the character he is.

My favourite part of the book is The love the sister has for John, This is because it clearly shows how much he cares for him just even just from the first part where she watches him play football and she’s there praying with the beads and it just brings out such a feeling of love and shessupporting him so much.

My least favourite part of the book is When John was hurt, it was such a shock that I really wasn’t expecting it, so it took me off guard and threw something completely new into the story.

I also liked The way that the story portrayed being a football player, for example the way explained how different days can be in chapter 4 so I explained that Sunday is a practice Sunday is a days off family or friends. This to me shows a realistic way of how this job role would run, so it portrays a more realistic view making the book more appealing and relatable.

I would give this book 4 a out of 4 stars because it is a really good book and I have really enjoyed reading it but coming from someone who doesn’t have a wide interest of football it’s not my favourite book. Booked for somebody who doesn’t have an interest in football I did really enjoy the book and the story behind the book, so yes I would still recommend this book.

The Arrow That Flies By Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”