Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Review Tub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-review-tub.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Book Review Tub »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Being a nerd has its perks. You get to play with computers and understand them. It is even better when your job description includes protecting the lives of the president and the citizens of the United States. Glenn was that nerd. His passion for computers spelled out a clear career path for him. Fighting terrorism online is his destiny. Glenn spends every waking moment disassembling the online structure of the many ISIS factions on the internet. He does all of these things until he is called upon to save the president from sudden death. While he has his hands full, Cynthia, his sister, is busy playing damsel to the affections of two grown men. The love triangle she is caught in is not nice, seeing as both men are ready to do just about anything to win her affection for themselves.

Dorothy May Mercer wrote Cynthia and Dan. I liked reading the story that it told because it exposed me to new truths. For example, I did not know that private individuals could get their hands on FBI-level technology without being noticed by the government for years. I was under the impression that the government was aware of our every move. It turns out that they aren’t really. I also learned a great deal from this story. The point I liked the most was how the story made me appreciate the sacrifices our soldiers on campaign make for our country. It made me understand why I need to give them 100% respect.

The only thing I disliked in the story was how little to no focus was put on the minds of the terrorists carrying out the attack. I wanted to see why a couple of young, energetic, and promising men would want to jeopardize their future and lives by attacking the president of the USA. What did they stand to gain? What was the actual motive? I also wanted to see how these people carefully mapped out their plans and the physical, moral, and mental challenges they faced while doing it. The story did not dwell on what was going on in their camp. That makes me sad. This point is what I liked the least in the story.

Dorothy May Mercer is a good storyteller. I have always known this. That is why I chose to read this book. I am glad I read this. I have also noticed that her books are always free of typos and grammatical blunders. This is a positive trait that she instilled in Cynthia and Dan. The editing was done exceptionally well.

I rate Cynthia and Dan 4 out of 4 stars because I have no regrets about reading it. The cover page showed me a side of what was to happen in the book. This, in turn, made me expect great things in the story. I was not disappointed. I only wish that I got to see things through the eyes of the unfortunate young men. But hey, Dorothy May Mercer is the author. She gets to write the story however she wants. This story or book is going to be loved by science fiction lovers. The only thing is that our young readers should not read it. This is because of how detailed the sex part was in the story. If you are over 18 and would like to read this book but do not like erotica, you can skip the sex part.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

you stated your likes and dislikes about this book and i enjoyed reading your review.
Don Elizabeth Sophia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-elizabeth-sophia.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Don Elizabeth Sophia »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. It captured the sould of the book and I agree with you that it deserves that rating you gave it. Cynthia and Dan is a gem.
Kerry Limat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerry-limat.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kerry Limat »

I also did not know that private individuals could own FBI-level gadgets. Anyways, your review Saud all I would have said about the book.
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-bushguy.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

I really enjoyed reading your review of Cynthia and Dan. I have already read the book. I will go back to read it again.
Bukola Thaniola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola-thaniola.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bukola Thaniola »

It broke my heart when Cynthia decided to cheat on Dan. I get that she was probably tired of the relationship, but she should have respected him enough to break up with him. This made me sad. Apart from that, I liked the book.
Luv Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luv-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Ava Flips by Ava Nebel

Post by Luv Emmanuel »

How does Dorothy May Mercer get the inspiration to write these her books. I would pay good money to see Cynthia and Dan on screen. Your review explained the key parts of the novel. Keep up the good work.
Latest Review: Ava Flips by Ava Nebel
Book Review Tub
Currently Reading:

Luv Emmanuel wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 10:44 How does Dorothy May Mercer get the inspiration to write these her books. I would pay good money to see Cynthia and Dan on screen. Your review explained the key parts of the novel. Keep up the good work.
Thank you so much 💗
Book Review Tub
Currently Reading:

Agatha Bushguy wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 08:44 I really enjoyed reading your review of Cynthia and Dan. I have already read the book. I will go back to read it again.
Cynthia and Dan is a book that you will never get tired of reading over and over.
Rawdat George
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rawdat-george.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Rawdat George »

Cynthia and Dan made me laugh. Dan's antics and attempts to get Cynthia back from her new lover was hilarious and silky. I wonder if people actually do that when their lovers leave them. I wish that he had just left with his pride and ego intact. That aside, the big reveal came as a shock to me. This was a good read.
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-bushguy.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

Cynthia and Dan are a couple that I wish stayed together. Why did Cynthia do Dan dirty like that? Anyway, the story was interesting and the characters grew at an impressive rate. Thanks for the review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 84380
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1196%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

This is a political and romantic suspense no El following Cynthia who work as his chief investigater, mike is a psuedo office receptionist while behind the scenes acts as a bodyguard

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”