Review of L.A. Dreams

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Grayling Part I by H. M. Archer

Review of L.A. Dreams

Post by Faithy_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "L.A. Dreams" by A.M. Morrell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To sustain a relationship, Corbett Scott turned down the repeated requests of his best friend to travel to Los Angeles with him. His friend wanted him to kick-start the career he felt they both loved. Scott eventually moved to the city, albeit due to certain occurrences that left him broken. It also spurred him to commence a career as a singer in a band. Some members of the band include Jesse, Trent, and Greg, and most of them got along together as both colleagues and buddies. The highlight for me was when Scott fell in love with a lady. However, a relationship with her seemed unattainable to many because she was of high caliber and due to the huge difference between them. Read this book to discover if fate will make a love story between them possible.

While fictional stories are meant to be entertaining, there are often underlying lessons therein. Having had a close relationship with a drug addict, I loved the way the author handled a situation with one in this book. This is because I found the method effective.

In the world today, people keep preaching that compromises are the bedrock of a healthy relationship. Most of the time, these compromises necessitate giving up one's dreams or preferences. A.M. Morrell's L.A. Dreams reinforced my belief that, in most situations, individuals should prioritize their careers over any relationship. This is especially for those who force us to choose between a career or our partners. I think it is often for selfish reasons and they make us unhappy in the long run.

This book taught me another perspective on how a relationship can make or mar you. While one relationship seems to be pulling you down, another will pull you up. So, I think people should consider this before committing to any form of relationship.

Choosing what I loved the most about this book is a difficult decision to make. This is because I literally loved every bit of it. The author's writing style is impeccable. To be a bit precise, I loved the way he wrote about some lovebirds in the book. This is because they made me smile, giggle, and even blush on their behalf. Can you recall those love stories you read about in books or watched in movies and how you wished you were one of the characters? This book also made me feel the same way.

I had to restrain myself from giving this book a perfect rating in the first paragraph before even writing any other words. It was that good! All I have said about this book gears toward the positive side. Therefore, I am rating it four out of four stars. Specifically, I have no negative comments about the book. Those interested in reading about the story of a young man who had to determine a career path as well as how relationships affected it will appreciate this book. Therefore, I recommend it to them.

L.A. Dreams
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Touch
Bookshelf Size: 825
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’m not sure that I agree with prioritizing career above a relationship. I know for me, had I done that I would not have my son or the life that I do. I believe that the key is BOTH partners doing the compromising. In the book, though, it does seem like Corbett was constantly on the giving end.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: I could write a book a Scottish Australian Adventure by Joy Snelling

Post by Blessing E »

One thing I've come to place so much value on is the review if books. This is because it gives me an idea of what book I may enjoy and subsequently add them to my to read list. I will definitely read this one
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I enjoyed the book, one thing I learned from the book is the ability to think and calculate well before taking a serious decision. Great review.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

I don't like this romantic stuff, I'm to old for that. But here it seems to be rather about relationship, that's ok. Yes, relationship and career. Great review!
Titus Fuller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-titus-fuller.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by Titus Fuller »

Living life in a relationship with drug addict is difficult situation, i would love to know how Morrell handels this situation in this book.
Judy46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Judy46 »

I agree that relationships can make or mar you. I would love to read about the author's opinion.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

Corbett Scott is an interesting character. His love story is even more interesting. This is a great book.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Last Shadow of the Crown
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Book 3: Bea and B.B.'s Last Four Dog Vacations by Carolyn West Meyer
2022 Reading Goal: 70
2022 Goal Completion: 51%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

This book seems to address the delicate balance between love life and career. I enjoyed reading your review.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 126%

Post by Pandora10 »

This looks like an interesting story about friendship, making the right choices and love. The narrative is detailed, and it is easy for the reader to gain insight into each of the characters.
Thanks for a good review on this book.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Bitter of Tongue
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720
2022 Reading Goal: 150
2022 Goal Completion: 122%

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

This was a very honest and easy to read review. It piqued my interests as to what is happening in this story and how everything will end. It sounds like an easy, romantic and thought-provoking book to read. It definitely sounds like a book I would want on my shelves after some thrilling and complex stories!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Salt and Pepper: BrideMaids
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer
fav_author_id: 5604
2022 Goal Completion: 99%

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

In the world today, people keep preaching that compromises are the bedrock of a healthy relationship. Most of the time, these compromises necessitate giving up one's dreams or preferences. A.M. Morrell's L.A. Dreams reinforced my belief that, in most situations, individuals should prioritize their careers over any relationship. This is especially for those who force us to choose between a career or our partners. I think it is often for selfish reasons and they make us unhappy in the long run.
I guess it depends on the relationship. And the career. Each person has different priorities, and I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer.
Choosing what I loved the most about this book is a difficult decision to make. This is because I literally loved every bit of it. The author's writing style is impeccable. To be a bit precise, I loved the way he wrote about some lovebirds in the book. This is because they made me smile, giggle, and even blush on their behalf. Can you recall those love stories you read about in books or watched in movies and how you wished you were one of the characters? This book also made me feel the same way.
I remember that feeling, and you conveyed it in a great way. I can't wait to read this book!
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Love Is Never Past Tense
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: The Most Popular President Who Ever Lived (so far) by Nancy Omeara
2022 Goal Completion: 122%

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I hope Corbett Scott learns that you can have a good career and a good relationship, but it takes work and compromises on both sides. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1580
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting fictional thriller highlighting the bonds of friendship, drug addiction, falling in love, and following your dreams. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Broken Boys Beyond Friendships
Bookshelf Size: 346
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: The Boy that Wanted to Fly by James E. Harris III
fav_author_id: 253250
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 126%

Post by Brenda Creech »

This sounds like a great book! I love a good love story. I am also curious about all of Corbett's struggles along the way! I am going to add this one to my want-to-read list. Thanks for the great review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”