Review of Break up with him now

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Currently Reading: Not Angels or Demons
Bookshelf Size: 478
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Conceptus by Brian Herskowitz
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 73%

Review of Break up with him now

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Break up with him now" by Lena Lubinka.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Break up with him now: Before it's too late by Lena Lubinka is a fictional book about a woman in a toxic relationship. The woman knows she is in a bad relationship but is unsure if she wants to break up the relationship, live independently, and deal with all that entails. But then again, if she does decide to leave, how would she go about it? She wonders if maybe he will change, or should she be the one to change and go along with whatever he desires? What will everyone say if she leaves, and what will happen to her social life and bank account? How does her relationship compare with her friends' relationships? These are just a few concerns she had about leaving him. If any of these questions sound familiar to you, or if you have any other questions concerning topics like loneliness, self-esteem, and respect, to name a few, grab a copy of this book.

This short book is fast-paced and a quick read. The author does an excellent job discussing the serious topic of toxic relationships while inserting humor throughout the book. One example is when he did not allow her privacy to use the restroom and made fun of the lingering smell to annoy and humiliate her, and she sprayed his new car with a "fart-spray" product used for pranks. Although this was vindictive and not very nice, I understand why this is one of her fondest memories. She shows examples of how a child learns their behavior from their parents and how emotional trauma is like PTSD. I came to understand how relationships distract from other life issues. For example, memories, pain, and boredom can be alleviated by relationships. I learned that there are different types of toxic relationships and how social media plays a role in them.

I wish the author had used names for the characters because reading "he" and "she" got monotonous, but it did not affect my enjoyment of reading the book. The book could use another round of editing by a professional editor.

I have no choice but to give this book 3 out of 4 stars because there were over 10 errors in it. If a professional editor had edited the book, I would have given it four stars. There was no reason for me to give this book a lower rating.

I recommend this book to mature women who want to get out of toxic relationships and readers who enjoy reading about them or are trying to understand what draws women into these types of relationships. You may want to avoid this book if you are sensitive to religious content, non-borderline profanity, racism, hate, and mild sexual content.

Break up with him now
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt

Post by Peace10 »

I’ll really like to read this book, the plot is so cool. Great review!
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Unmasking Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney Disease, and Heart Disease by Veltisezar Bautista

Post by Adaeze Joan »

This book has such an interesting title that compels readers to it. This book is a must read for me. I have always wondered why women stay in toxic relationships. Generally, this is an interesting book. Great review.
diana lowery
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Letter by Ed Munson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 46%

Post by diana lowery »

I was happy to find out that the title did not refer to breaking up with the adorable dog on the cover. I am going to skip reading the book because the errors that you mention would drive me crazy.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Blessing E »

As much as it may be difficult to leave a relationship. One should understand when it is actually time to leave in order to live, be it leave of mind or love
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Living in Color by Mike Murphy
fav_author_id: 3039
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Well, this is the eternel question of all marital relationships: should I stay or should I go.
Nice review by the ever efficient Bertha Jackson!
Buch1-Dm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buch1-dm.html
Latest Review: Inside the Mind of a Cancer Patient by R.J. Windham

Post by Buch1-Dm »

Women always keep themselves in abusive marriages and relationships by overthinking the future. I hope the protagonist sought happiness elsewhere. Great review.
Mrs D O
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrs-d-o.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by Mrs D O »

I enjoyed reading your thorough review despite the disturbing subject of the book. The complexity of toxic relationships, and the difficulties of escaping them, seem to be well represented in the story. To consider making the relationship easier by just complying with someone is so sad; basically not being yourself because you're so desperate to stay with someone.
I think your recommendations are considerate and wise. Thank you.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”