Review of A Cape Town Decameron

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 418
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Jesus Diary by Dave Mishur

Review of A Cape Town Decameron

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Cape Town Decameron" by Stanislas Yassukovich.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tales have become a thing of a global sensation, especially among young individuals over the years, although it is not limited to only this age group. Stanislas M. Yassukovich's book titled A Cape Town Decameron helps adults relive the benefits and joy attributed to storytelling.

This book is a compilation of twelve tales. The author, Stanislas M. Yassukovich, drew his inspiration from Giovanni Boccaccio's masterpiece titled Boccaccio's Decameron. It is a personal project that came to be due to the lockdown caused by the Covid-19 pandemic that affected the world. The restriction which hindered friends from gathering gave birth to this publication. The stories compiled in this book pay attention to various subject matters like greed, honesty, passion, family, etc. Each tale has an underlying lesson that the author conveys interestingly. One of the tales talked about an old lady, D'Abernon, who was economical, unlike Shirley, her daughter-in-law, who spent money lavishly. Another tale is about Harry Gubbins, a proud man whose dream was shattered due to fatal damage to his firm's reputation. Francis Obré, a clockmaker who was taken by greed, is the story behind the fifth tale. What lessons does the reader stand to gain? What value does this book enclose? Read up on this book to find out.

The book is written in an engaging and captivating manner. The author's zeal for creating a virtual bond between friends and family is enshrined in the pages of this book. Enduring values such as being true to oneself are firmly established in this narrative. No stone was left unturned by the author in delivering stories of immeasurable importance. The characters in each tale were distinct. I believe that this book will give a whole new meaning to what it means to bond as a group. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is inspiring and opens doors to an advanced level of connection among loved ones. Also, this is a well-edited book, as I noticed only a few grammatical errors. Moreover, there is nothing to dislike about the book.

The book helped me improve significantly on my vocabulary, which is one of the things I loved about the book. My favorite tale in the book is the first tale which focuses on the character of Jasper Jakes and Veronica Veryfair. It is my most preferred one because it is more absorbing than the other tales. How Jasper and Veronica called their relationship quit was what I found amusing. They did it unconventionally, which was hilarious. That added to the beauty of the story.

The eighth tale is also another story I admired. The author's ability to stick to the identity given to each character was terrific. In this tale, the reader is exposed to a glimpse of the music industry. The author incorporates elements of the industry into the story. For instance, Joe ends his affair with Hilda by conveying his intention through tight lyrics. The way the stories portray different aspects of life is also something I love about the book.

In conclusion, I recommend this book to individuals who value the essence of spending time with loved ones. This book will also appeal to individuals with a flair for storytelling. Readers will be impacted positively by reading this book.

A Cape Town Decameron
View: on Bookshelves
smoothcrowd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smoothcrowd.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by smoothcrowd »

What a splendid book, I must say. Tales indeed is a demanding thing from the storyteller. Cause your tale must have a lesson backing it up, and this book has great tales and has good lessons to be learnt from each of them. A wonderful book indeed.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
smoothcrowd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smoothcrowd.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by smoothcrowd »

This comment is to commend the reviewer of this book. I was short of breath till I was done reading the review. Thanks for the exceptional review.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”