Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stizzy Monday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stizzy-monday.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Stizzy Monday »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many people believe that the last child born into a family would always be a lot to deal with because they never take life seriously. They always have their way and never take full responsibility for their actions because of the presence of elder ones that are always there to save the day.

Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier tells the story of Randy Love. He was the last child of the Love family. Unlike his elder ones, he doesn't seem to be doing well in his academics, career, and love life. Having lost his mother at an early age, his father indulges him more than he should. His siblings always bail him out of problems he got himself into. He seems to be living on the hard work of others. He gets any girl he wants. Randy travels to London with the hope of making some money and getting his life together. However, he encounters too many obstacles. Would Randy be able to overcome them? What happens to Randy's love life? Find out by reading this book.

I particularly enjoyed reading this book because of the writing style. It was vivid, and it captivated me. This book was humorous, fun, and entertaining. I found this piece easy to read and very intriguing. I enjoyed reading about how Randy tried to cross his hurdles; while it made me laugh, I empathized with the character, Randy. An example would be how he handled his accommodation problems. Sneaking out in the middle of the night and abandoning some of his properties to avoid accommodation fees were very crafty. I could relate to his struggles of being in a foreign land. I also found this quite educative. British words were used in this book, and the author included the meanings of these words. I found this useful.

I would have appreciated better characterization. This book focuses more on Randy. I didn't get to know more about the other characters that were introduced. An example would be Randy's sister. I'd have liked to know more about her. I didn't like how characters appeared and disappeared till much later into the book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The negative aspect isn't enough to deduct a star, as I still enjoyed this fun read. This book is professionally edited; I only came across a few errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to lovers of fiction. There are some sexual scenes, however, not too many details were revealed. Young people trying to find their way in a new environment should enjoy reading this.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”