Review of "You Are Everything & Everything Is You"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michelle Fred
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-fred.html
Latest Review: Junglenomics by Simon M Lamb
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 21%

Review of "You Are Everything & Everything Is You"

Post by Michelle Fred »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""You Are Everything & Everything Is You"" by "I Am".]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

You Are Everything & Everything is You by I Am is a reader-centred inspirational book premised on the notion that the reader is everything they wish to be. It is a self-actualization book geared towards raising the reader's awareness of their innate strength and abilities.

The author supported his opinions with biblical quotations and quotes from notable people and other books. At the end of the chapters, there are recommendations of relevant books to read and YouTube channels for the reader to watch to cement their learning.

On the positive side, the book has some good affirmations. In addition, the author made good points about specific topics, such as giving love to oneself and treating people well.

That said, the book has various weaknesses. The first is how redundantly repetitious the writing is. The author repeats the same information over and over and reminds the reader of who and what they are in every sentence. In addition, many words and their first letters are unnecessarily capitalized, which becomes distracting and tiresome after a while. The author believes that "repetition creates firm belief," but all it created in me were boredom and drowsiness.

Another challenge is the book's contradictory message and lack of a viable blueprint for the reader to become all they wish to be. According to the author, praying to God is false teaching since the reader is God and already has all they need inside them, so there is no need to seek anything or anyone outside themselves. However, he quotes the Bible at will to support his views. The writer states that all the reader needs to do is read the book repeatedly, continually recite the relevant affirmations and believe in the words, and they will see the physical manifestations of their desires. But, there is no evidence, even personal ones, that the method works. There are various pretend plays that help the reader visualize how they will feel and be when they achieve their desires. Still, most plays entail the reader becoming financially prosperous by an unrealistic method. After a while, the plays felt like a ruse for the book's lack of substance.

Furthermore, the author is not open to his views being questioned. Instead, he claims that any questions or doubts a reader might have about his teachings result from the reader's entrenched self-limiting beliefs and the false information and teaching they have been hearing since birth.

It's clear the author has good intentions, but his delivery could be better. For an inspirational book, the writing did nothing for me. The book needs a professional editor to polish the editing and entire book and extract the gems from it. Its current form is arduous to read, so I can't recommend it to anyone. Conclusively, I rate it 1 out of 4 stars.

"You Are Everything & Everything Is You"
View: on Bookshelves
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Blessing E »

Title seemed perfect. But rating didn't turn out perfect. I appreciate well written and honest reviews. This is because it gives me an idea of how to structure my reviews subsequently. Thanks teaching me what a good review is. And congratulations for having your review published.
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
2022 Reading Goal: 18
2022 Goal Completion: 38%

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

I am a loss for words about this book. So contradictory and seems like some kind of brainwashing. Well done for finishing it and thank you for the detailed review.
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

Thank you for writing a nice review. This review has arouse some curiosity from me. Is this book a sort of a Bible or a religious book. Even before reading this book I am in doubt of the message the author is trying to put across.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”