Review of Creation 1954

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Review of Creation 1954

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Creation 1954" by John Gachich.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Creation 1954 by John Gachich is a fictional account of a young man becoming acquainted with God. At first, he thinks he must be imagining things but quickly realizes that he is indeed having a conversation. You may be surprised at the answers to his many questions. To find out what they are, you must check out this book!

I love the dry wit and self-deprecating humor that pervades this book. I found myself smiling again and again at how this author says things.

There are elements of science-fiction in this story. The cover design seems to go with this type of theme as well. Fans of that genre will enjoy the tales about the planets and the beings that inhabit them in this fantasy world imagined by the author. The narrative of this book does bring up some good points about taking care of our planet that will resonate with readers. That respect for nature is one of the positive points of this work, and I agree that this planet is a magnificent gift, and we need to take care of it.

There were some lovely takeaways from this book. Appreciating one’s family over money or goods is an excellent example of some of the inner thoughts expressed by this author. I liked the focus of those positive reflections best about this book.

This book seems to be exceptionally well edited. The only errors I noticed were a few misplaced commas and a missing word. There was nothing too technically problematic about the text at all.

Again, I would stress that this is a work of fiction, as some of the passages where God speaks to the main character could offend religious believers of many faiths. These passages sometimes mock historical events in the Bible and change them entirely while telling them incorrectly for the sake of humor. For instance, the character of God in this tale says that there is a Heaven, but no Hell, God is nobody’s father, and evil souls are purged of evil and reissued like recycling. Therefore, even though this is a work of fiction, the aspect of those creative liberties within the story could offend many religious readers. For these reasons, I am rating this book with 3 out of 4 stars. It will appeal most to readers who are not sensitive to religious elements or plots that take liberties with historical biblical facts.

Creation 1954
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

I smiled with you when I reached the part you need while reading the book. I can imagine the dexterity the author employed in writing such a piece. Thanks for the review
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

Appreciating your family over money is an important aspect to add to this book, so the author did a great job. Thank you for the great review!
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This should be well suited for open-minded individuals. Great review.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

We need to realize that we interact with nature in every aspect of our lives. Nice review
Mmaduabuchi Eze
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmaduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mmaduabuchi Eze »

The theme of placing the family over money or material gains is an excellent contribution to building a better and liveable society. Thank you for this.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”