Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Londee Lala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londee-lala.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Londee Lala »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy the Irresistible is a book about a young male adult, Randy, and his experiences while transitioning into the ‘real world’. His experiences are loaded with women, sex, love, work, friends, and the dilemma of going back to school. Randy also happens to be a big cheapskate who thoroughly thinks through, and makes the craziest, decisions in order to save some money.

S M Goodier encompasses both juvenile and mature behavior in Randy. This gives more substance to the character and aids in seeing the physical transition in his life that takes place throughout the book. The contents of the preface come as a bit of a shock and spontaneously gets the reader eager to read on. The entire book is a good read and can be read in one go. It is a light and funny book that is fairly easy to read. At the end is an index with definitions of some of the British terminology used in the book. This helps non-British readers understand these terms used without the hassle of having to search for them on the internet. The book was well edited as I did not come across any errors.

I have nothing negative to say about the book.

I have to give it a 4 out of 4 stars because it is an easy book to follow along and quite captivating. It somewhat displays typical young adult drama and experiences making it relatable to most people. Although not focusing too much on LGBT, it is still present in the book and is considered as a norm with no ill feelings towards the community.

I recommend this book to young male adults because they could relate to the book the most. I wouldn’t limit it to them though. Some older males might also be able to relate to it from their pasts, as nostalgia. Individuals who want to read something light and enjoy books that easily conjure imagery in their minds when reading would also enjoy this book. I would also recommend it to people who like short novels. The book is straight to the point and does not have any unnecessary dialogue. It would also be a good book for people who love watching movies. It gives off a cinematic feel.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”