Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Angel Magagula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angel-magagula.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Angel Magagula »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is an extremely heart-warming story based on the lives of five women who share a passion for fly fishing. Despite the fact that these women are from different backgrounds, have different lifestyles, and are from different age groups they build a beautiful sisterhood. After the girls meet up at Rose’s cabinet for the weekend, they unexpectedly fish a girl in the lake. And so begins their beautiful sisterhood, they navigate loss, love, hurt and share life together.

Amanda is a wife of a soldier, an educator, and a mother of two, who is experiencing financial issues. Veronica is an accomplished city girl who owns her own business. Sophie is a farm girl who is terrified of dating after she experienced heartbreak. Rose is the mother figure in the group, she is warm and kind. Melody is a young photographer who stumbles into the group by accident. Together they make up this beautiful story that demonstrates the true meaning of sisterhood. There is truly something for everyone in this book.

I love how each section of the book has its own theme; this makes the book easy to read as it flows seamlessly and creates an amazing reading experience. Additionally, I love how the author gives a detailed description of the surroundings as this makes it easy to imagine and visualize. As an outdoor person, I appreciated the description of the landmarks, the mountains, and the entire setting of the story.

However, I disliked the technical aspects of the sport. The knowledge the author shared about the sport was a bit too technical for me. As someone who has no idea of the sport, I was a bit lost. I also disliked the ending! I hope Michelle Cummings is bringing a part 2. Despite the technical knowledge about the sport and the minor errors, I still enjoyed the book.

Overall I rate this amazing book 4 out 4 stars. Although it had a few minor errors, I give it the highest ranking because it was well written and edited, had a great storyline, and was wholesome. I recommend this book to females (preferably 16 and older) who love the outdoors, appreciate friendships, and love heart-warming stories. I do not recommend the book to men as it may be a bit “cheesy” for their liking. The book had a few vulgar words but not to the point that it’s distasteful.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”